Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys/Girls,

Hope you don't mind me posting in this section but looking for a bit of advice on this engine variance, it is currently fitted in Xsara Picasso '54.

I have posted in the Citroen forum below, this but see as being a Peugeot Forums this is the sections that get most 'views'.

I originally was looking at Blanking my EGR off, however looking for a bit further advice now if you all wouldn't mind :)

I have recently shoved some Forte Diesel Cleaner into the system ... and did as what I have now found is called, 'Italian Tune Up' 3rd gear 70-75 down the motorway.

Now, the car has become a lot more smoother drive, as I would have imagined however this is what happens:-

This evening for example driving from Birmingham to Leicester, the car running smooth, all the way there no hesitations no jerking no nothing, however on route back coming up to the M6/M5 Junction the car was doing 50mph through roadworks and when national speed limit sign came the car had no power on acceleration, juddering quite severely and wouldn't pick up power at all until I switched down to third and booted it and then it was ok again? Any ideas what this may be? I believe possible EGR issue but would like further advice to make sure I am going down the right route.

I do find I have a lot of black smoke emit from the rear of the vehicle as well, this is all the time, and planning to do a service this weekend i.e. all filters and new have access to a new EGR if it is this part - so have an option of blanking or fitting a new one.

Also if fitting a new EGR do you need DiagBox to re-sync EGR?

What would you suggest it could be and what would you advise?

Thank you In advance.

·
11,711 Posts
It depends on the car. When you hook up Lexia to a 307 you don't get any option for EGR replacement or "learning". But I've definitely seen it on a 407.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just check the turbo (ie. remove the inlet and check for any play in the turbo), before driving.

Something similar happened to me and cost me a new turbo and injectors + the cost of a hire car for the holidays.

C

·
0 Posts
Could be the EGR Valve but to Quote GIBBO'S Mantra you should probably contact a member on here for a diagnostic with Planet / Diagbox and see if there is any fault codes coming up as you could end up throwing money at the car trying to find the fault. You can check if the EGR is faulty by unplugging it and going for a run if it runs much better then it probably faulty like wise you can do the same with the MAF. Unplugging them will throw up a fault on the dash but it will clear when reconnected :D Additionally if the EGR was at fault I would just blank it off instead of replacing it as they are expensive and will be gunked up again in no time

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the replies.

I have previously checked the turbo and hose connections around it as had an issue before of P0238 Turbo Overboost- Circuit 1 High (something like this) I believe I found the cause for this, I added a stronger bolt to intercooler pipe to create a tighter seal and Air intake was not correctly sealed, replaced MAP Sensor, and used a bottle of Forte Diesel Treatment and some Wynns EGR Spray which has cleared that issue.

This is what the plan is for Sunday - I have a new EGR valve here in a box ready to fit, but as you said I think the best course of action is to blank the original one off, that's the first thing I'm going to do.

From all the black smoke that is being driven out the rear of the vehicle as well I am going to do a service on it; change oil/filter, pollen filter, air filter, fuel filter and do an engine flush also with oil change.

I think I will be returning the new EGR valve - as really cant warrant fitting something that is just going to get clogged up again.

Is it possible in the future to get a REMAP of the EGR out of the ECU?

Thanks again for all your help so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts