Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
My wife’s car has its abs light (and hand brake) light on, started intermittently over a few days now on all the time. Brakes work fine as does the speedo and power steering (abs ecu fault can cause all to fail I understand)

Have checked small fuses in main fuse box and inside fuse box, and also looked at maxi fuses under main fuse box. All look fine

Did seem to have intermittent brake light switch so changed it with no overall change to abs light fault.

Got a friend to plug a code reader in which he has used on a 207 before and it won’t read the abs ecu. This puzzled me as I thought the ecu failure which leads to communication issue also knocks out speedo etc?

She’s only had the car a few months, and the MOT is due in a month and a half.

Any advise on things to check?
Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
870 Posts
i would check the handbrake switch (under center console) first as it goes to the bsi and may be causing problems.

if that doesnt fix it you will need it on planet/lexia etc to identify what wheel is causing the problem.
then its a case of changing parts and hoping, i changed the sensor first, then the ring , but no joy so had to get a abs ecu and it then worked.

note, we had just abs light, steering and speedo were fine.

and as usual, first check for water ingress in the ecu and fusebox multiplugs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts