Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a new 3008 II and I need to choose between 1.6 BlueHDI and 1.6 e-THP. I will do mostly motorways (30,000 miles per year)

What mileage should I expect from the e-THP on motorways with only one driver at 70 mph (real Satnav speed) ?
Same question for the 1.6 BlueHDI.

I would love to get the 1.2 PureTech but the ACC is compulsory for me (I call it the "zen" option)

Cheers, Maxime

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
With that mileage I'd be definitely going for the diesel.....my guess would be 60mpg at 70 and the petrol around 45mpg
If only the 1.6 diesel was available out here:nono:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dave,

The choice is not that obvious because I am repaid for business miles according to HMRC advisory rates which means 9p per mile for diesel and 14p per mile for petrol.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Hi Dave,

The choice is not that obvious because I am repaid for business miles according to HMRC advisory rates which means 9p per mile for diesel and 14p per mile for petrol.
Ah well, it's a bit of a toss up unless you think there is a move afoot to hammer diesels and thus valuations.
The current version of the Prince is probably ok now and you might appreciate the quieter one.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think some words have been changed in your text (iphone keyboard :d ? ) and so I don't understand your answer ?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a new 3008 II and I need to choose between 1.6 BlueHDI and 1.6 e-THP. I will do mostly motorways (30,000 miles per year)

What mileage should I expect from the e-THP on motorways with only one driver at 70 mph (real Satnav speed) ?
Same question for the 1.6 BlueHDI.

I would love to get the 1.2 PureTech but the ACC is compulsory for me (I call it the "zen" option)

Cheers, Maxime
Remember you'll also be putting in adBlue so cost that up too.

I have the 1.6 BlueHDI. It does well cruising at 70 but don't expect it to be as quick to 70 or overtaking as the 1.6 THP.

I get 57-67MPG atm on cruise control with 1700 miles on the clock now but I only use it for longer trips, so 55mpg may be a good figure to use.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
However as the exhaust gasses for petrol are hotter the DPF is unlikely to need regeneration!
I've seen figures suggesting petrol particulate concentrations are fairly comparable. If it collects it then it has to clean it out also somehow I guess.
Either way not a great addition.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are right and I thought about adblue too.
This being said, it would be a company car, inclusive of maintenance, and I consider adblue to be maintenance.
After all the allowance is for diesel, not oil, screenwash, tyres....or adblue then.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
You are right and I thought about adblue too.
This being said, it would be a company car, inclusive of maintenance, and I consider adblue to be maintenance.
After all the allowance is for diesel, not oil, screenwash, tyres....or adblue then.
You don't save with a diesel unless you do big private mileage.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do 8,000 to 10,000 private and around 20,000 business miles a year ?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I do 8,000 to 10,000 private and around 20,000 business miles a year ?
Diesel is making less and less sense these days unless it's a lifetime 'keeper' perhaps.
Personal circumstances rule maxime.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
The other problem is that certain models, such as the one I have (the GT 180) is only actually available with the one engine, the 180bhp 2.0 BlueHDi diesel.

I'm not sure why Peugeot doesn't offer this flagship model with one or two more engine options. I suspect that is why people were speccing up the 1.2 GT Line with lots of options, before it was temporarily removed from ordering.

I really wanted all the bells and whistles, so went with the GT 180, even though my mileage is low. I never use the car for short trips (have 0.9TCE petrol Clio for that), and it gives me a good excuse to drive the longer route to work when I do give my 3008 a run.

Mind you saying that, the new 3008's are all selling so well, that they don't need to introduce more choice yet, at this early stage in its lifecycle.

Reactions: Nagaman

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The other problem is that certain models, such as the one I have (the GT 180) is only actually available with the one engine, the 180bhp 2.0 BlueHDi diesel.

I'm not sure why Peugeot doesn't offer this flagship model with one or two more engine options. I suspect that is why people were speccing up the 1.2 GT Line with lots of options, before it was temporarily removed from ordering.

I really wanted all the bells and whistles, so went with the GT 180, even though my mileage is low. I never use the car for short trips (have 0.9TCE petrol Clio for that), and it gives me a good excuse to drive the longer route to work when I do give my 3008 a run.

Mind you saying that, the new 3008's are all selling so well, that they don't need to introduce more choice yet, at this early stage in its lifecycle.
I guess they don't want to devalue the GT monicker, but it's odd you can't get a petrol GT.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I agree. It is also odd you can't have ACC with the 1.2 Puretch :/

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I also cannot see why the 1.2 is excluded from the ACC with stop function. In fact it was one thing that stopped me speccing up a GT Line 1.2 with all the options, it just wasn't available.

I get perhaps, that it needs to be coupled with the auto gearbox, as interaction with a manual gearbox would be much more complicated, if at all possible.

I think it will be available in time, once the temporary stop is lifted on ordering the GT Line with the 1.2 engine.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts