Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum, so firstly hello to all :)

My problem is that I am getting the MIL light on the dash caused by P0341 - Camshaft Position Sensor fault.

I have done some shopping around the internet and I have found that other people have had this problem but there is no camshaft sensor on this engine. I can not find it and someone else has said the same in another thread. I believe that the 2.0 has a sensor, the 1.4 does not. I am assuming now that the 1.6 which I have also does not have a sensor.

So, does anyone know what is my problem please? Do I have a sensor that I am missing or is the fault code wrong? Also, the engine runs and starts fine in all conditions.

Thank you in advance for any help :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello all again,

Unfortunatly I still have this issue but I am suspecting that there is a cam position sensor, but it is just not very obvious where it is.

Does anyone know where the cam pos sensor is on a 1.6 petrol 307 2005 please?

Thank you very much for your help,

·
5,812 Posts
No cam sensor on 1.4, cam phase detected via plugs and coil pack. Faulty coil pack or in some cases NGK plugs can cause error as can worn wiring.

Lastly dirty/failing crank sensor can also trip same fault but is often linked to poor starting

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im also facing this issue with same engine. I have replaced the after cat lambda and also the crankshaft sensor (sits on front of engine where bottom end meets the gearbox... £12 on ebay for new)

This did nothing for me, coil pack and plugs were changed a year ago but may have to change again.

Let me know if you get anywhere with it. I also get the same fault code as well as depoluttion system faulty on screen when startup. car runs fine though

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Windy,

Sorry for my delayed resonse. Would there be any other faults if the coil pack was faulty? I only get one camshaft fault.

If it is the coil pack, is there a way to test for this or do I need to replace it please?

Many thanks for your help,

·
Registered
235 Posts
hi

i had the same problem when my lambda sensor failed once i changed it and cleaned the crank sensor on the gearbox up if worked fine and cleared the fault :thumb:

·
5,812 Posts
Yu can get misfires logged but not always. Check make and type of plugs as that's a cheep fix (try BERU if unsure as they are OEM make and reasonable price). Check make of coil pack if it's a Sagem very good chance it the problem

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pug and Windy,

Thanks for the info.

I replaced my lambda sensor after myself and The Pug spoke on another thread about this but it did not do anything. You and Windy have both mentioned cleaning the crank pos sensor so I can try that.

However, I spoke to a dealer yesterday who assures me that there is a cam position sensor on the 1.6 petrol auto. He looked it up on the computer using my reg plate. He says that it is at the back of the engine near the gearbox end near one of the inlet ports. So I guess that it is buried up there somewhere. I might be able to get access to the car this weekend (my girl friends car and she lives 1 1/2 hours drive away) and I will have a look with a mirror to see if I can find the bugger. While I am there, I will check to see if the coil pack is a Sagem too.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks a again for the info. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
How'd it go? Im about to do a spark plug swapout on mine. Spoke to my main dealer too they mentioned on the Plugs and coil pack run pre-ignition checks and produce such an error.

They are very vague on this too sometimes feel its unresolvable. Im yet to find or read of anyone who has fixed this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi windy1603,
hallo,
I maybe clutching at straws, but I have joined this forum in the hope that you can help, because we have run out of ideas and I have seen some of the advice you have posted online and it looks like you may be able to,
so here goes.

My friend in hemel said she had snapped her cam belt, so I said my friend and I would take a look.
The 207 reg KA07, 1.4 16v belt shredded, so we replaced water pump as bearing had collapsed, all the valves, lined everything up and refitted with dowels.
car running but would the go into limp mode We then took it to peugeot, diagnostics at peugeot said vvt cam problems, so replaced inlet cam pulley. have checked for air leaks. Still was running badly so got a new throttle body as old one didnt appear to be closing properly, but now is hunting worse than ever....... dash shows engine management light.
keeps looking like cam pulley timing not set up right, but has been checked three times! fault codes showing were
P0010
P0012
we then tried changing the throttle body as the one on it didnt look like it was closing properly and also changed the cam sensor, still running badly and half in limp mode except that rather than tickover being at approx 2000 permantley, it now drops down to 500 and stalls.
we then took it back to peugeot who said it showed the following fault codes.

Permanent faults
P1621 System anomaly,

Status of mixture regulation. open loop ( conditions for switching to a closed loop not yet satisfied)

P0010 Variable timing electrovalve.
U1308 Engine ECU operating fault.
list of sociavariable all to do with abs system.

any thoughts... at the end of our tether now!

advice much appreciated.

·
Registered
14,527 Posts
MY advice would be not to tag onto a 2 year old thread as people will end up answering different questions and confuse you further start a fresh thread with all the info about car and you may get somewhere.

·
5,812 Posts
As above start a new thread to ensure best results.
I am not to hot on the 1.4 as have not worked on one yet. What damage was done when belt went, have cam's been checked to ensure they are timed to pulleys correctly, I know on 1.6 pulley can move so maybe worth a check

1 - 12 of 12 Posts