Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK ive been looking for a 1.6 HDi engine for a friend of mine who has bought a non runner partner van. The 1.6 engine what was in the van has thrown a rod through the block which wrote off the whole engine. The turbo also has lots of play in the shaft and has worn the compressor wheel so that would also need a rebuild at least. I dont know any history of the engine/van so no idea if the pump, injectors etc are working or not.

We have been trying to source a complete 1.6 HDi engine to replace it as a straight swap but looking for the last couple of months on ebay and the usual places they are going for £8-£900 and that is for a bare engine. No turbo, pump, injectors etc. So to get a 1.6 engine back in and running is going to work out a bit costly.

I have now started to think about putting in a 2.0 HDi 90 or 110 engine. I am just looking for a bit of advice from anyone who might have done this before. I have done many engines on Peugeots before but no diesels or multiplex cars.

I guess that what will be needed is a complete 2.0 HDI engine with turbo and all ancillaries, ecu, wiring loom, bsi, key for immobiliser, transponder ring for immobiliser, gearbox, driveshafts, in tank fuel lift pump, exhaust. Maybe a few other things like intercooler? radiator?.

I was thinking I do the 2.0 conversion I might be better off trying to buy a complete accident damaged 2.0 HDi car/van for a donor vehicle.

Is there is anything ive missed or possible problems I could run into that ive not thought about?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Plenty of partners came with 2 litres so in theory it should be possible but you need the box too so ideally a whole doner partner van is the best idea getting the bsi and ecu to work will most likely be your biggest problem as if yours is a 1.6 it will be newer type van but i see no reason why it cannot be done ive seen 3 litre v6 partners !!

If you can get a petrol v6 to work in a diesel van then what you propose should be simple :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts