Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Just found this forums and read some helpfull information on it. I couldn't find what I was actually looking for whatsoever.
I am thinking about swaping engines on my 2002 Peugeot 307, 1.4, 8v, 75 hp, NFU code. It is just, how can I say this - not very reliable in certain situations like overtakings, climbs etc. There are many offers at decent prices for 1.6 16v 109hp engines but I am note sure if it is a straight bolt on or I am going to need something else. I know I am going to need ECU, perhapse fuel pump too (not sure about that because I am curently running on LPG and using petrol just to warm up the engine). I am thinking of keeping my 1.4 gearbox if it will for some extra acceleration advantage.
So thats my case. What are you folks thinking about this?

p.s. I am not making a race car :)

Very best reggards
Danny

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, but not where i am :) Here in Bulgaria they start at around 2000 pounds. And it is not just that. My car is in overall good condition. I have installed aditional goodies too. I am still for the swap idea

·
Registered
116 Posts
Assuming that the ECU's are the same (3 plug or 1 plug), the engine should be a straight swap.

Your going to need absolutely everything in the engine bay though.

Might be worth you selling your 1.4 and buying a 1.6 (obviously swapping your modifications over).

I'm not sure if insurance works the same way where your from, but 9/10 times insurance will be a lot more if you swap the engine than buy the car with that engine in.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Obviously you will be swapping the ECU as you point out yourself, but ECU are paired to the BSI and immobiliser chip in the keys, so you will be needing them as well, that can lead to all sorts of faults

Holt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts