Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys was just woundering if any one has had any trouble with these new 1.5 engine's.. this week i have had major trouble with two of them.. 1 had 30,000 miles and broke chain between the 2 camshafts and another with only 49 mile has put the piston out throw the block.. love to hear if any 1 else is having trouble thanks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
knock knock, whos there? :LOL:
exhaust copper nuts looks new.....
generally conrods do not exit block like that, unless special tensile steel screws (moment&angle tightening) are wrong spec. (vag 1,9tdi...)
or the conrod bearings had some oil loss for a period of time...but you should keep hearing that weird knock down there ...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
knock knock, whos there? :LOL:
exhaust copper nuts looks new.....
generally conrods do not exit block like that, unless special tensile steel screws (moment&angle tightening) are wrong spec. (vag 1,9tdi...)
or the conrod bearings had some oil loss for a period of time...but you should keep hearing that weird knock down there ...
Theres on 49 mile on the engine 🤣🤣

·
Registered
137 Posts
then it is : material fail or assebly fail.
just wondering if the old 1,6 hdi was troublemaker..? i am not familair with diesels

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Think assembly fail as the bolt is stil in theconrod and looks to be stretched

·
Registered
137 Posts
as you say very likely
vag had some similar problems but it would take xxxxx km, to stretch the conrod bolts. wrong type material ; tensile strenght.
any screws that are angle tightened must not be reused. but i think this is not the case here

i am shocked, because puretech engines are tested before shipped to plants, it is also on youtube.
i expect diesel engines have same quality check procedure as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Poor fuel leads to these problems avoid cheap fuels and overspeeding engine above 3000 rpm
Bad diesels have very high ccai Which messes engine timing

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Poor fuel leads to these problems avoid cheap fuels and overspeeding engine above 3000 rpm
Bad diesels have very high ccai Which messes engine timing
I had an oportunity to work for a few years in the middle east. We used Toyota and Ford pickup trucks, diesels. We used JP-8, kerosin based military replacement for diesel fuel, in all our trucks.
Driving each day, with temperatures of 40-50C, in dust and the harshest climate you can possibly have for an engine.
In the time spent down there, I never had a single issue caused by the fuel, in any of the Toyota trucks. The fords were a different story though, the big PowerStrokes were ok, but the smaller China made engines were falling apart after a few months.
JP-8 is a highly aggressive fuel, not your common supermarket diesel, it tears injectors and valves appart.

The point of this story is, if you build an engine like Toyota does, then you should have no worries which fuel will be used, especially in private sector where all fuels are almost identical.
But, if you build an engine to fall apart on the first sign of stress, then you have something to worry about :)

·
6,843 Posts
More likely there was a defect in the rod or bolt. You can go over 3000rpm most have a red line at 4500+ and knock sensor would protect from low grade fuel in this situation

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts