Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the codes coming up is for the clutch switch and so I have bought one to replace the suspected item. £26.30p
Nightmare! You cannot actually see the switch, as I have found out this morning, it is inside the pedal mounting bracket. I found the electrical connector hidden behind a wiring loom that was tied to the structure with a plastic tie. I had removed the seat and the two lower plastic trims below the steering wheel to allow access to get to that. So I have had to remove the clutch pedal and there it is! It has started raining so I have had to stop for now but hopefully I will get back on it later. I will take a couple of photos too.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got the switch out. It is supposed to be secure in the pedal box arm but was not, but whether that was dislodged on dropping the pedal I do not know. I have checked it using my AVO and the switch is u/s.
Just a matter of getting it all back together now. If the rain stops that is!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I got it back together today. The switch is very tricky to get mounted inside the pedal mount. Thin long arms and the strength of a weight lifter required. Once it was located (3 holes) it needed a lever to get it to click in place. Then to get the hyd push rod to move you have to open the slave cylinder bleed nipple to move the push rod in so that you can reconnect the pedal to it and then get the securing bolt through the both pedals. Replace the spring assist cylinder and job done. Did it fix the limp mode? At first I thought it had. Even though the anti- pollution message came on straight after eng start the eng revved full range for about 15 mins and then went back to limp!! So no it made no difference even though the old switch was u/s!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the limp mode saga continues. The two outstanding faults on the engine ECU are:
1. Fault code P0382 permanent fault pre-heating circuit permanently supplied

2. Fault code P0481 Fan Assy Low speed control Circuit to earth, short circuit to pos, open circuit or actuator malfunction.

Now it seems that the first message does not cause limp mode though could cause the anti pollution message to trigger I would have thought.

So that leaves the low speed fan fault. Now I have continuity checked all the wiring runs that run to the fan that is get attable. Without pin idents I cannot check them directly at the fuse box disconnect plugs. The relays work on the bench and the fan works with a 12v feed. What other checks to the wiring can I carry out with the normal to hand equipment.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the original thread on this which got too long for people to fully read it and then kept repeating suggestions as happens I mentioned that the first thing I do on getting any car is give it a full service to include all filters changed. So yes it has been done. Thanks for the thought though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts