Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 307 is possibly nearing the end of it`s life but i have an idea to make at least part of it live on.........
What would be the chances of successfully installing a 1.4hdi engine in another vehicle?
I`m not talking about the physical fitment, that would be relatively straight-forward with custom-made sub frame motor mount supports etc, but what i`m most concerned about is the WIRING!
Would it be a total horror show transplanting all the necessary looms, ECU(s?), hoses, sensors and god knows how much other gubbins that go into making a common rail engine run these days?
And what about the CANBUS? I only have a basic understanding of what that actually is and does, would that need to be transplanted, too?

Has anyone done anything similar or heard of it being done?

·
Registered
351 Posts
My 307 is possibly nearing the end of it`s life but i have an idea to make at least part of it live on.........
What would be the chances of successfully installing a 1.4hdi engine in another vehicle?
I`m not talking about the physical fitment, that would be relatively straight-forward with custom-made sub frame motor mount supports etc, but what i`m most concerned about is the WIRING!
Would it be a total horror show transplanting all the necessary looms, ECU(s?), hoses, sensors and god knows how much other gubbins that go into making a common rail engine run these days?
And what about the CANBUS? I only have a basic understanding of what that actually is and does, would that need to be transplanted, too?
There actually is’nt that much that needs to be transplanted.
But the Highpressure fuelpump and the injectors needs to match the ECU. You cannot go from Siemens to Bosch or the other way around. If ECU is Bosch on the old engine, it needs to be Bosch on the new. Same with Siemens.
If they are not. You need to move pump and injectors to the new engine.
Other than that it should be plug&play

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, i understand that simply transfering an engine from one vehicle to another of the same type/model/make would be simple enough but i`m talking about transplanting a 1.4 hdi engine into a totally different vehicle type altogether.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yep, i understand that simply transfering an engine from one vehicle to another of the same type/model/make would be simple enough but i`m talking about transplanting a 1.4 hdi engine into a totally different vehicle type altogether.
Ohhh okay
Dont think it is possible if the car needs to be roadworthy. Instrumentcluster bsi ecu bsm dpf abs esp and all that junk needs to follow the ecu. Even the steering column needs to be moved to the new car.
But for fun anything is possible. Just disconnect the stuff you dont need.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could you get it to run without all that junk - i deffoe will not need instruments, ABS, ESP, BSI, steering column, cat etc - just need the engine to run outside the donor car...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Transplanted into what car? An 1.4hdi engine is anything special to make it worth the hassle though imo.

·
7,214 Posts
You will need unlocked ECU to bypass immobiliser and dependent on what you are fitting in vehicle speed and other trouble codes mapped out and a made up harness to power up ECU and other systems

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You will need unlocked ECU to bypass immobiliser and dependent on what you are fitting in vehicle speed and other trouble codes mapped out and a made up harness to power up ECU and other systems
This is what i was afraid of, basically you`d have to be an auto-electrical genius with previous experience of common rail management systems for this sort of thing to stand a chance of getting it to run.
As for vehicle, it`d have 2 wheels........

There have been plenty of diesel `bikes made, not sure how many are common rail derived, plenty are traditional injector pump...
80mpg and motorway cruising at 2200rpm is my kinda` bike...
BTW Windy, completely the opposite to that RGV in your avatar?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts