Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you getting to the gallon on your 1.4hdi`s?

Initially mine worked out at 56mpg,which i would expect,but i only did one tank full before the wife just started putting a tenner here,twenty there in the tank so i couldn`t do a `brim to brim` mileage check.
I`ve done a couple the last month or so though and the consumptions gone down to 45mpg.Thats crap.
If i`m driving a 1.4 diesel that has the pulling power of an asthmatic gerbil i at least want incredible fuel consumption to compensate for it....

What do you get?

Hann.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I am disappointed with my mpg but Im too lazy to figure out why, only getting 38 mpg.

Just had new tyres, full service, and mot. Still no change. Maybe coz its 8 year old

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine was hooked up to a diagnostic when i had ABS trouble a few weeks ago and it found a fault with a rear sensor.
If there was an issue with the engine would the diagnostic operator have seen that too or would he need to look for an engine fault code specifically?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hann said:
What are you getting to the gallon on your 1.4hdi`s?

Initially mine worked out at 56mpg,which i would expect,but i only did one tank full before the wife just started putting a tenner here,twenty there in the tank so i couldn`t do a `brim to brim` mileage check.
I`ve done a couple the last month or so though and the consumptions gone down to 45mpg.Thats crap.
If i`m driving a 1.4 diesel that has the pulling power of an asthmatic gerbil i at least want incredible fuel consumption to compensate for it....

What do you get?

Hann.
Mines a 2005 and also has appauling mpg (between 40-45). Not going to go on about it though as I haven't had it looked at yet. Due a service soon, so will see what happens as a result of that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is 1.4 not a bit small for a diesel to get good mpg as it's working hard all the time, what's the official claimed mpg?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mpg ?

My little 1.4HDi with a 17 ( ish ) stone driver does between 700 -830 miles to the tank ( 62 litres ). Not at the moment tho as in garage having cat replaced after collapsing.:(

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
jldavies62 said:
My little 1.4HDi with a 17 ( ish ) stone driver does between 700 -830 miles to the tank ( 62 litres ). Not at the moment tho as in garage having cat replaced after collapsing.:(
Bloody Nora , the miles i mean not the weight.:lol:

·
Registered
93 Posts
jldavies62 said:
That's really quite impressive. What year is it and what kind of driving do you do?

·
Registered
93 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
Bloody Nora , the miles i mean not the weight.:lol:
wow that sounds great i have 1.4 hdi and am averaging 47 mpg and do a lot of m way driving too!:eek:

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Nice for some! I have a 2.0hdi 136 and it bothers me to get over 40mpg! Hard to beat the poke tho!

·
Registered
93 Posts
stevoxsi said:
Nice for some! I have a 2.0hdi 136 and it bothers me to get over 40mpg! Hard to beat the poke tho!
hi,
sorry to hear of your consumption troubles not being as good as mine just annoys me when they quote 60mpg combined on all the reviews and don`t get anything like that:mad:
andy

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
I haven't heard of many cars that will do the official figures. All the tests are done to a certain standard in a lab. Supposed to be fair but not realistic!

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Did a run from Coleraine to Belfast and back today for the dubshed show and averaged 48mpg with three big guys in the car! Averaged 51mph (cruise set at 75 on the motorway) so not too bad!:thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.