Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks im Phil from Glasgow ive just bought a somewhat distressed 1.4 lx , my questions are does this car have trip computer? as the wee box at the end of dash is dead, i should add the original stereo is missing but not sure if this related, my other point is i need to change timing belt is there a how to on here ive did a search but cant seem to get one , My last pug was a 306 td this is a little different lol

any help appreciated

Phil

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Hi phil and welcome to the forum, on the end of the wiper stalk there should be a button, to confirm this look at the end and there should be 2 << arrows if it does then yes if not then no. but it can be added, depending on your unit.

As for the timing belt i will do a search and post, if not then i will copy it out of the haynes manual for you.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
newbie questions

hi John thanks for the welcome and speedy reply it has aircon so thot the trip would be here also any help on changing belt would be great, car has some paintwork issues i need done so need to save pennies wherever i can .

cheers

Phil

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
hi phil, yeah it shows the trip data on the middle display at the top of your dash and is cycled through the various displays by this button at the end of your stalk.

just a quick one is this a 307? only got haynes for that model (they are mostly the same) :thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi John yes its a 307 1.4 lx petrol its had a wee bit of a hard life so got cheap enough hopefully lol, my dash computer at end of dash is defo dead

cheers

Phil

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
philglasgow said:
hi John yes its a 307 1.4 lx petrol its had a wee bit of a hard life so got cheap enough hopefully lol, my dash computer at end of dash is defo dead

cheers

Phil
Sure its just not the bulbs ? start car and shine torch at screen to see if you can make out anything or pull up out of dash to see if its still connected ( put both thumbs under lip at the top and prise up will pop out )

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
philglasgow said:

cheers

Phil
ok mate, what i will do is i will put a guide on - copied from haynes to show how it is done etc :thumb: more thank likely will be tommorow, got a night shift to go to :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bettyswollocks said:
Sure its just not the bulbs ? start car and shine torch at screen to see if you can make out anything or pull up out of dash to see if its still connected ( put both thumbs under lip at the top and prise up will pop out )

cheers bud i never thought of that could be bulbs lol

thanks

Phil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.