Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just got the missus a little 307 54 plate 1.4 petrol for work from the auctions, all seems well except the clutch is literally dead, slipping monumentally.

I've got a new 3 piece valeo clutch and a new new slave cylinder to go in.

Started doing it today but got a few questions.

How do I get the drivers side driveshaft out without removing the rear engine mountain? since I already the gearbox mount off I dont really want to remove this.

Starter motor, is there a easy way to get to it? As it looks a massive ballache to do as I can't even see the thing.

cheers

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
To remove the drivers side driveshaft you need to locate and loosen the two 11mm nuts in the housing which hold the bearing in place by the inner cv joint. When they are loosened enough you can push them out enough to rotate the heads to allow the shaft bearing to come out. You will need a deep 11mm socket and some patience for this.
If I remember correctly one of the starter bolts is hidden from view on the top of the starter. A bit fiddly but nothing too difficult about this.

Roger.

·
5,671 Posts
If petrol is like HDI then rear mount has a lug on the back which is there to prevent engine dropping too far in the event of rear mounting failure, it also stops you dropping engine low enough for gearbox to clear subframe for removal so needs to be removed

·
Registered
248 Posts
If it is the same as the HDI - if you look at the starter motor from under the car, you can see one bolt easy enough if you look from the drivers side of the car - (Allen key fitting.)

Feel around the starter motor going anti-clockwise and you will feel the other similar bolt. Once located, you will need a long extension on it and you can undo it from the top of the car (take the air cleaner top and bottom off)

The last bolt goes into the starter from the other side. Look just below the battery box and against the gear box. It is hidden below all the cables and water pipes and you will need a universal joint on it due to the gear box shape, but it is easy once you find it.

I normally keep the first bolt (the easy one) in until last so the starter doesn't fall to the floor.

All the bolts look the same.

Just replaced the clutch on mine - not bad to do once you get into it. Mind you don't damage the plastic gear lever bracket as you drop the gear box from the car.

Good luck :thumb:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Also remove the long stud that the mounting on top of the gearbox fits over. The gearbox will not clear the chassis with this in place.
Yes, this was a nightmare to move - trusty mole-grips in the end. I think they use thread seal on them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts