Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I have a 207 2009 1.4 HDI With a anti pollution fault and low oil pressure warning light coming on. The car stalls randomly and puts on the anti pollution warning with the low oil pressure. I have had acces to planet peugeot but I think the software maybe out of date. Anyway I checked the Ecu for faults and it's came up as permanent EGR Flow problem. I'm a little concerned that it could be leading me a merry dance and could be a faulty ecu/bsi like some other faults. Only reason making me think this is when I done a global test the abs and pas ecu came back with intermittent communication problems. Going to have a look at the EGR valve tomorrow. Does anyone have any previous of the symptoms etc?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I've cleared the abs/pas faults and will check again next time the car cuts out. The EGR fault is permanent but no engine light of loss of power etc. only problem being it's cut out 3 times in the last 200 mile. Going to unplug the EGR valve and run it for a while and see if it cuts out again. I've read on here that it should run ok but light will be on. If it doesn't cut out I'll replace the EGR valve .

·
Registered
241 Posts
Always believe the diagnostics, it's telling you exactly what is wrong so don't go changing parts like the BSI, you'll waste a lot of money.

If the EGR is jamming open it can stall the engine, so fit a blanking plate and it should stop it from happening.

The oil pressure fault is unrelated, most likely blocked oil feeds if it's not the sensor, fix it before you kill your engine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So does the oil pressure sensor also cause the engine to cut out? Only reason I ask is because it only ever comes on after it cuts out due to the pollution fault

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By the time the beep sounds and anti pollution warming has came on the car has cut out and the low oil pressure warning follows. So short, it comes on when it's cut out

·
Registered
173 Posts
If you just blank it and the valve is sticking you will probably still get the warning flash up so may be an idea to do both

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got it (EGR) disconnected just now and it's went better and hasn't faulted yet, going to fit a blanking plate this weekend hopefully, if that sorts it then I think I'll fit a new EGR valve. If it's the electrical part of the EGR then I'm thinking even with it blanked it may still bring the pollution light on but shouldn't cut out

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've ran the car for the past 100 miles with the EGR unplugged and it cut out on me again tonight so I can rule out the EGR. Faults are the same on my Peugeot planet but still convinced it's out of date, anymore ideas/ checks I can do? I've ordered up to date pp2000 but in the meantime it's unreliable. Fault still shows anti pollution fault on dash then when I check with pp it's says EGR.

·
Registered
2 Posts
207 anti pollution problem

hi I have the same problem with my 207 sw 1.4 petrol car im very worried it may not be fix able just bought it for my wifes 40th birthday so big problem, I don't know much about cars , it is going into a garage on Thursday the 26th nov so will let you know what happens and like wise if you find a solution could you let me know

1 - 12 of 12 Posts