Peugeot Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
The diagrams won't shrink to fit the screen, so it's a case of joining them in the middle! Image 1 shows the left hand of the circuit diagram, image 2 is the right.

The 4 glow plugs are at the extreme bottom right of image 2. They feed into the pre-heating control unit (the relay) at the back of the engine bay fuse box.

One wire is the feed from the battery, shown with the fuse at the top of the diagram.

One is the earth.

One is the ignition.

One (maybe a small loom) is the supply from the relay to the glow plugs.

The other 2 run to the engine management ECU.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The diagram 1 with the injectors being fed by the relay shows 5 wires to it but in reality there are only 2. One is the yellow/red permanent 12v from the fuse box (line 30 on the diag I assume))and the other is yellow which by default I would have said was the earth but then why is it reading 10.5 volts and where does it come from/go to? The earth wire on the diag is the one coming out bottom left going to wire 31. I can only assume that the yellow is the control wire going to the transistor shown in the relay! So where is the control circuit that dictates the length of time that the plugs are energised after starting? You say one is the ignition wire. Ignition for what? The supply to the glow plugs is a 4 pin plug onto the case of the relay. The control circuit is the ecu then but there are no wires from the relay back to it. I know these are schematic diagrams but if its not the relay that's at fault then it looks to be an ecu issue!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Googling the fault I came across a 406HDi that had P0380 relay fault and his car would not start. Long story short but he found the crankshaft sensor to be faulty and when he replaced it the fault cleared. The car also had a coolant sensor replaced and the glow plug relay replaced before that sensor and that did the trick!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.