Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having had some problems with my EGR valve staying open i have now decided the time has come to clean it out and/or blank it off.

I have searched but found nothing in regards to the help i need so here goes my question.

How do i get to the EGR valve? ive had alook today,managed to get airbox lid off but can not for love nor money get the lower airbox out of the way enough to do anything else so ive gave up as a bad job lol.

Does anyone have a guide (with pics if possible) for removal and how to get to the EGR valve.

with thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone? i know its a fiddly job but someone on here must have a guide or something for me to work at?

I really want to blank the EGR off and have a blanking plate here.i just need to know what and how to remove the obstructing engine parts to get to the EGR.

Please..... :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
dont know about blanking but while i was messing around in there i gave mine a clean.

air filter housing off - tricky but bare with it. its under that towards the n/s of the car, 2 bolts hold it to the block, one easy to get to the other is a cow, but possible. and a stupid clip holing it onto the pipe, i say take that of because i was told not to pull the pipe out of the seal bit on the other end.

hope this helps.

http://i74.servimg.com/u/f74/12/24/59/64/photos13.jpg

Red arrow is the bit you leave in,
Light blue is the air intake you remove from filter box
Blue arrow is showing where the egr pipe work is hiding
Yellow shows wher the egr valve is.

While your under there make sure you check the vacuum pipes
that run under the air box.damage to them can cause all sorts of issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts