Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While i run my petrol 1.4 206 i am saving for a 1.4 hdi which should be much cheaper to run. I did fancy the 1.5 dci renault megane, but on speaking with a mecanic today he told me to stay well clear has they have loads of problems and the peugeot would be better.
Is the 207 a much better car then the 206, i am only interested in the 1.4 hdi because of its cheap running costs. Thanks

J

·
0 Posts
Not driven a 206, but the 207 1.4HDI is very good for economy, quite surprised me to nip around like it does and still get 53/54mpg! I agree with your mechanic, not for mechanical reasons, but because the turbo lag on that Megane 1.5 dci is truly appalling... you've got to rev it to at least 2500/3000 rpm before changing up if you want to keep going after, shocking compared to any other diesel around!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi ive got a 1.4hdi and its done 144k just had service gearbox an clutch and i love it very cheap aint sluggish she goes and wiked mpg too

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi ive got a 1.4hdi and its done 144k just had service gearbox an clutch and i love it very cheap aint sluggish she goes and wiked mpg too
Sounds good, anybody had the 206 1.4 hdi and now got the 207 1.4hdi, if so how do you compare them both. Many thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
My friend has the 1.4hdi with 40k on it and the gearbox is whining in 3rd so if i can offer an opinion it would be check the box thoroughly, apparently its common on them i looked on Ebay and there seems to be a lot of service kits for them.
He now wants a1.6.
:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts