Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so ive set off the side impact air bags on my 307 .... oops.

where is the air bag ecu and all other electronic components to do with airbag - and has anyone fit second hand airbags and e-units and re-coded the ECU????

cheers

S

·
0 Posts
First of all, how? :eek:

The airbag ECU is located near the handbrake under the cup holders, you need to take the centre console bits out to get at it

I fitted replacement seatbelts on mine because the pretensioners had fired in an accident, and I recently fitted a replacement ECU off an identical car

No coding required for me, as long as all airbag components are present and correct your airbag light should go out

You can either rip the ECU out and get it sent off to have codes wiped, or find a suitable replacement

Word of warning given your airbag history :lol:... if you are replacing anything airbag related, disconnect the battery and leave it a good 10 minutes before tinkering!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think this may have had something to do with it . . . Oops. Anyway. Yeah I know about disconnecting the battery and waiting.

I need to replace the driver seat and driver curtain airbags and I got told electronic components to do with it detonating. . .

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

P

·
0 Posts
I think this may have had something to do with it . . . Oops. Anyway. Yeah I know about disconnecting the battery and waiting.

I need to replace the driver seat and driver curtain airbags and I got told electronic components to do with it detonating. . .

Thanks for the help.
Hang on, your wheel snapped???

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"minor" curb damage.

im glad its done that much damage to the wheel as the impact has not touched anything under the car at all. the worst bit of it all is the airbags deploying.

glad i had the spar wheel as a alloy so im still on 4 :D

·
Registered
909 Posts
check your bottom arms and suspension too, also check where they attach to the chassis, wheels are very strong and it takes a lot of force to do that to a wheel!!

Pleased your ok and able to post about your unfortunate incident.

As Stubbo said, please explain how you managed to smash the wheel

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
once you replace ALL the fired parts check seatbelts and tensioners etc then plug in a fresh uncrashed ecu or your own wiped clean the light will go out no coding needed but my god that's some damage to your wheel :)

·
12,141 Posts
I see it now! The flash had taken all the colour out of the picture and I just couldn't see it. Mind you I can't see Magic Eye pictures.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
was a bit of a bang didnt expect that damage to the wheel, everything is solid underneath. was straight onto a ramp and in the air to check it all out.

so just to confirm i got this right - replace the deployed air bags and replace the ecu from a non crashed car and the light should go out?

and the ECU is mounted in front of the hand brake???

thanks all

S

·
0 Posts
was a bit of a bang didnt expect that damage to the wheel, everything is solid underneath. was straight onto a ramp and in the air to check it all out.

so just to confirm i got this right - replace the deployed air bags and replace the ecu from a non crashed car and the light should go out?

and the ECU is mounted in front of the hand brake???

thanks all
Replace or reflash, there are sellers on ebay who do this

I was going to get mine reflashed but happened to stumble upon an exact match in a scrapyard so I picked it up quick!

And aye its infront of the handbrake :thumb:

Sent from the excellently designed and really intuitive autoguide free app! :lol:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey all- i know this is a bit of a old thread.

so just got round to replacing the components today - not a bad job to be fair. so with all the new stuf the airbag fault should dissapear or does anything else need to be done -

Thanks guys

·
12,141 Posts
Fault light should go off but I'd always hook up Planet and clear the codes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts