Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've ha the car a few months previously Owen from new by my grandad it's only done 57k miles.

Anyway my problem is randomly when I go to start it, it will just keep cranking and won't fire up. If I keep trying from ignition on to start it will never start once it's in this cycle I have to remove key and try again normally it will start second or maybe third attempt and when it does start its starts like normal.

Apart from the fact I will have an anti pollution fault and engine management light on dash for a few run and it will go out. It does not have dpf or anything just before that was introduced.

Also it will do this rangy so even when hot or cold left over night or left for 5 mins. Can go weeks without it not starting. I only ask because yesterday it refused to start was try for 10mins then all of a sudden started fine and been fine since.

Changed key and battery still same problem so don't think it's immobiliser and get no immobiliser fault warning like I did on my 406

Thanks
Callum

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Ok so I've ha the car a few months previously Owen from new by my grandad it's only done 57k miles.

Anyway my problem is randomly when I go to start it, it will just keep cranking and won't fire up. If I keep trying from ignition on to start it will never start once it's in this cycle I have to remove key and try again normally it will start second or maybe third attempt and when it does start its starts like normal.

Apart from the fact I will have an anti pollution fault and engine management light on dash for a few run and it will go out. It does not have dpf or anything just before that was introduced.

Also it will do this rangy so even when hot or cold left over night or left for 5 mins. Can go weeks without it not starting. I only ask because yesterday it refused to start was try for 10mins then all of a sudden started fine and been fine since.

Changed key and battery still same problem so don't think it's immobiliser and get no immobiliser fault warning like I did on my 406

Thanks
Callum
you need to get it on planet and have the codes read please see the introduction thread for new members

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
Antipollution fault is probably coming on BECAUSE its not starting properly

As above you need it on planet looking at LIVE DATA not just read the codes codes only tell you what has already happened !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so iv looked online and just decided to buy the peugeot planet equipment (long term investment) all the ones i read seem to specify OBD2 but if im correct in thinking my 2002 peugeot 1.4 hdi is obd1. At least that the info i have gained. none of the obd2 readers work anyway.

Basicly will the puegoet planet software work with my car.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts