Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

took my car to the garage yesterday as it would not start (turn the key and literally nothing happened) and he has advised me that the ignition switch has gone, hes got it working by 'tapping the barrel with a hammer' but said the key just doesnt feel right in the ignition. hes basically said the whole barrel needs replacing to the tune of £225 + fitting. ive seen these on ebay for around £80, is it possible for me to swap out with a second hand one? he said to me it not possible to just swap out the bit that's broken as the whole thing is registered to the engine number!?!

Many Thanks

·
Registered
14,567 Posts
He is confused be VERY careful with this

the key CHIP is coded to the car the actual key is not so yes you can use a second hand one but you MUST use your original remote key and chip only use the key blade from the replacement key with the replacement barrel

·
Registered
453 Posts
For my own interest where about's is the chip sensor located on Peugeots, is it near to the barrel or as part of the ECU please?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi, got the barrel through today and managed to get the plastic trim off and take the connector off but im looking at the barrel thats in there at the moment and at the bottom there is a rivet looking thing and at the top there what looks like a button (it will spin/turn but cannot be pushed down) judging by the new one the rivet looks like in needs drilling, correct? any ideas with the button?

cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts