Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I bought a low millage (56k) 56 plate 207 last month for my Girlfriend as a run about. Its immaculate inside and out and has clearly been well looked after. She is really pleased.

The only issue so far is the car cutting out after being started. If she revs it it doesn't happen.

Friends have suggested everything from replacing the fuel and filter's and spark plugs, to giving it a long blast up the motorway!

Iv just got around to ordering a fuel filter as its the cheapest thing so Il try a process of elimination increasing in price with each thing I try.

I was wondering in the mean time if this is a familiar issue with these engines? Would save me a lot of hassle if I could go straight to the problem.

I look forward to your reply and thank you in advance.

Cheers.:thumb:

·
Registered
870 Posts
had this problem on the fords before, have found a tmap sensor clean sorted it, they can get coated in a oily mix sometimes from the crank breather.

i just use a soft paintbrush and some cleaner to brush the end.

could be loads of things but could be a cheap fix.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
The electronic throttle body is a known weak spot on this engine.

Would really need to be scanned with Peugeot Planet to check for any pending fault codes.

Sometimes resetting the auto adaptation can be a short term fix.

There is also a way of resetting the throttle without diagnostic equipment, i've got it written down somewhere on my other computer - unless someone else wants to chip in with the procedure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, Mr Lee. Given that this is a known weak spot I may try this first. Can you possible dig out that procedure?

Cheers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just thought it might also be worth a mention that this car has also suffers a bit from the smell of fumes in the car when the blowers are on. Could this be related? My mechanical knowledge is fairly limited as you can probably tell...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts