Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just noticed this today in 3rd gear at 3k revs the revs rise about 1k then come back down again, but only if I have full throtle , similar to how a automatic behaves when you floor it
Just wondering if this is a serious fault that needs sorting asap
Only happens in 3rd if I accelerate normally its fine.

Car is a 2008 207 1.4 8v 75 67k and FSH but clutch has never been replaced.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
If your clutch has started slipping there is a simple cure; replace it!.
Careful driving will allow you to nurse it along for a bit longer, but you need to plan on having the job done as soon as convenient.

Roger.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I just thought it was strange that it only happens in 3rd gear, no slipping at 3000rpm in any other gear. Was hoping it would not be a full clutch change, quick look and Peugeot do a fixed price clutch replace for £400, think I just see how long I can stretch the life out of the current clutch.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
May be if you nailed the throttle at higher speeds in the higher gears it might slip then. It's giving you your first warning, when a clutch slips it generates a lot of heat, your clutch might give up completely anytime.
You will need a clutch soon, that's why I recommended you plan ahead on going without the car for a day, rather than suddenly find yourself stranded.

Roger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts