Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Been doing a bit of googling to see if i can easily find a likely cause for the lack of power in low revs, but not managed to find anything for my other half's engine.

Its a 59 plate 1.4 petrol (rubbish 73 hp version). Its recently had a new head gasket after the old one disintegrated, typical fault on these cars apparently and like a different car since its been fixed.

The brakes have recently been fully overhauled so she's now getting 400 miles to a tank compared to the 250 with the bad head gasket and seizing brakes!

Now that the other stuff is fixed, its definitely feels like its lacking power and find myself having to drop a gear where i wouldn't in other cars. Once it gets to about 2700 revs and above, you can start to feel the acceleration noticably pick up. I'm not expecting great things from this engine but it just feels likes its a bit flatter than it should be with an empty car.

Are there any sensors on these engines which are prone to deteriorating and causing this symptom without bringing the EML on? Previous diesel cars i've had, the MAF sensor has caused this and just replacing it makes it feel like you just drove it out of the showroom.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It felt like this before the head gasket was done but at that point i didn't know whether any of the problems that have now been fixed were affecting/causing it.

With everything else fixed i can now be certain that either; A - there isn't a problem, its just a shit engine, or B - there is a problem to find and fix :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to add before, apparentlyt the engine has been hunting occasionaly when sitting at lights etc, although its never done when i've been in the car.

Also, its stalled a few times when cold, no problems once its warm though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts