Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone with the 1.2 EAT6 setup tell me if its their experience that whilst in drive mode the gears tend to stay low, for example you would need to be cruising along at 55 mph in order to have 6th gear selected, I would have thought this should be achievable at around 38 mph. However when i select manual then it works better i can climb up the gears quick quickly.Im thinking about economy really and would reckon manual would get me the best results. Im so used to full auto that its easy to forget to use the steering wheel pedals.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Can anyone with the 1.2 EAT6 setup tell me if its their experience that whilst in drive mode the gears tend to stay low, for example you would need to be cruising along at 55 mph in order to have 6th gear selected, I would have thought this should be achievable at around 38 mph. However when i select manual then it works better i can climb up the gears quick quickly.Im thinking about economy really and would reckon manual would get me the best results. Im so used to full auto that its easy to forget to use the steering wheel pedals.
Roma couldn't agree more I tend to be around 55 mph before 6 gets selected but I do use the steering wheel paddles at around 50mph to change up but it invariably falls back to 5th gear.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Roma couldn't agree more I tend to be around 55 mph before 6 gets selected but I do use the steering wheel paddles at around 50mph to change up but it invariably falls back to 5th gear.

Completely the opposite with my GT, the automatic gearbox will change to 5th and 6th long before I would normally change on my previous manual car. Saves me having to think and obviously better for fuel consumption.

Reactions: Roma

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I find that for urban travel that the gear wants to be lower than i expected, scooting around 30 zones in 4th gear if full auto is employed, using paddles in auto/drive mode to change up then it will quickly drop back down again at the slightest incline whereas using the paddles in manual mode the gear will stay put in 5th for 30and 38 -40 6th. It would be ideal if it would do so in auto / drive as well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Completely the opposite with my GT, the automatic gearbox will change to 5th and 6th long before I would normally change on my previous manual car. Saves me having to think and obviously better for fuel consumption.
Yours seems to be doing the job correctly Dautres
Mine just doesn't seem right to me , i will ask them about it when in for the four week check up. As you say it isn't good for economy. Just wanted to see if anyone had this prob with theirs.

·
Administrator
2,911 Posts
It may be different as Chris has the 2 litre diesel giving him superior low down torque compared to the 1.2 petrols power.

Think your right to mention it when it's in though.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
The 2.0L diesel in Chris's car may react differently to the 1.2. I have to use paddles to get my 1.2 into a higher gear as it is quite happy to sit in 4th or 5th right up to 60mph, I quite like it actually as it allows for quicker progression without having to use kick down all the time.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It may be different as Chris has the 2 litre diesel giving him superior low down torque compared to the 1.2 petrols power.

Yes indeed its 1.2 I'm asking about, as any other power horse isn't comparable

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 2.0L diesel in Chris's car may react differently to the 1.2. I have to use paddles to get my 1.2 into a higher gear as it is quite happy to sit in 4th or 5th right up to 60mph, I quite like it actually as it allows for quicker progression without having to use kick down all the time.
Ok , thanks Lee. It must be how the 1.2 is set up then.

·
Registered
620 Posts
On the 1.6 Diesel EAT6 it seems to follow the GT liking to get as close to D6 as possible.. oh.. it loves D6.. 50mph.. D6..

Now if you push sports mode.. that changes.

If you press "M" and go manual.. well then you can do whatever you like :D

Reactions: Roma

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

Beau
Our 1.2 has exactly the same torque curve as my previous 1.6 diesel ie max occurring at 1750 +
When I hit 'resume' on the cc it doesn't bother with more than 2400 which gives 1800 in the next higher gear.
I figure the cc does the better job rather than my foot.
Maybe it's twigged that I'm retired though.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Beau
Our 1.2 has exactly the same torque curve as my previous 1.6 diesel ie max occurring at 1750 +
When I hit 'resume' on the cc it doesn't bother with more than 2400 which gives 1800 in the next higher gear.
I figure the cc does the better job rather than my foot.
Maybe it's twigged that I'm retired though.
Definitely - I think the CC for keeping a constant speed does a better job than me! However if you want to set a constant fuel consumption and let the speed vary between 70-50 depending on terrain then I can do that too with my "lazy foot" mode :p :D

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Definitely - I think the CC for keeping a constant speed does a better job than me! However if you want to set a constant fuel consumption and let the speed vary between 70-50 depending on terrain then I can do that too with my "lazy foot" mode :p :D
Yep!
I'm an economy freak who uses every trick, but I leave the cc to do the initial acceleration then draft a very large B double/triple (at a safe distance) doing ~ 64 mph, particularly if there's a headwind; for me it beats worrying about pushing a speed limit.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I do a number of long journeys in France each year on mainly fairly quiet motorways and always use cruise control set at 130 Km/hr. In my 2 litre Focus (not tried the 3008 yet) the speed would remain constant in 6th gear even on fairly steep inclines. What I find most annoying is drivers who overtake at 130+ km/hr pull over in front of me and then slow down to 130- km/hr because they are letting their right foot control the speed!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.