Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard this from Peugeot Head Office. The 1.2 auto will still be available for Active and Allure, but once existing stock of the GT Line is gone, you won't be able to order an automatic 1.2. Seems a crazy decision given how popular is this combination seems to be.

Also, no plans so far for the makeshift Allure/GT Line compromise 3008 in the UK, and they are getting back to me on whether UK GT models will be replacing wood with alcantara.

· Registered
765 Posts
Just heard this from Peugeot Head Office. The 1.2 auto will still be available for Active and Allure, but once existing stock of the GT Line is gone, you won't be able to order an automatic 1.2. Seems a crazy decision given how popular is this combination seems to be.

Also, no plans so far for the makeshift Allure/GT Line compromise 3008 in the UK, and they are getting back to me on whether UK GT models will be replacing wood with alcantara.
Why would they use alcantera.. I thought any imagined shortages were pure speculation. Or have peugeot actually admitted the delay on GT orders is because of a shortage of wood??

· Registered
10 Posts
Why would they use alcantera.. I thought any imagined shortages were pure speculation. Or have peugeot actually admitted the delay on GT orders is because of a shortage of wood??
Yep, had it in an email from Peugeot. Hence why I have been waiting 14 weeks and counting for a GT! I reckon it was the machine that processes the wood finish that caught fire and set light to the factory in Czechoslovakia! Rendering the machine scrap, and having to or struggling to get a new machine. Read on the forum (French link) dates could slip to October if you want wood! Last date I had quoted, in the same email was June build, July delivery. Waiting to hear latest about the slip to October rumour from dealer. In which case I will cancel! :thumb:

· Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know they have placed long delays on the GT because the factory fire has prevented manufacture of the GT wood finish in the kind of quantities they require, so they said they were going to offer alcantara as an alternative to people who wanted their GT's this side of the next millennium.

I imagine anybody who has a GT Line 1,2 Auto might find it rather more sought after if they are ending production when existing stock is exhausted. I really can't understand why they would discontinue such a popular combination of model, engine and gearbox.

· Registered
683 Posts
Isn't this fantastic news for us 1.2 GT-line Auto owners who now own a car where only a few thousand or whatever the number have been made. I am not unhappy about this quite the opposite. I see lots of extra £££ when I decide to sell. I say Merci buttercups

· Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm happy too. The combination is proven to be successful, and is hugely popular. As diesel becomes more of an issue, people will hopefully be seeking out petrol models more and more. The scarcity of the 1.2 auto GT Line could end up commanding a premium.

· Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe not quite that much of a premium, well not yet anyway!! As it's such a popular combination, I'm wondering if the reason Peugeot are keeping it for the Active and Allure is that they want to encourage sales of those trim levels. As you know they expected to sell lots of them, and far more have gone for the GT Line and GT than they expected. Maybe they intend to bring it back at a later date??

· Administrator
2,124 Posts
I can only assume, and hope, they will continue to build the GT Line 1.2. Auto until the outstanding orders , (orders placed before 12th April), are fulfilled as mines still not built yet!

Certainly not had a call from my dealer....then again nothing new there!

· Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
They said until existing stock had gone. Whether that's stock already built (which I doubt, as they don't seem to have pre-built stock), or stock of engines earmarked for the GT Line, I have no idea. Surely they would have contacted you long before now if there was an issue with supplying your car. You only ordered a couple of weeks after me, and since I have had mine 6 weeks, your 3008 must be well past expected delivery date. That is seriously bad.

· Registered
420 Posts
I just got a message from my dealer in Norway: they are not allowed to sell any more 1.2 petrol engines until 2018. They apparently have sold too many of them. Hopefully you will get the GT-Line with 1.2 back in England in 2018 :)

Edit for clarification: the ones that are ordered will be built as soon as possible.

· Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's ridiculous. I expect they have warehouses full of diesel engines, and far less orders than they expected. Serve them right if people came in wanting a 1.2, and then just walked straight back out of the dealer.

· Registered
2 Posts
Oh Well

Looks like I was lucky to get the GT Line 1.2L Puretech Auto now I just need it delivered.

Great site got all the answers I needed. Hopefully I can assist more when I take ownership of my GT Line 3008 SUV.

Thanks to all

· Registered
226 Posts
I wonder if it's not a problem with getting enough 1.2 auto's but more to do with too many orders for GT-Line which could (only my speculation) mean they have problems getting things like LED Headlights in the number required, so hopeing people now go for Active, Allure 1.2 auto instead and therefore reduce the number of LED Headlight units etc required.

· Registered
18 Posts
Just had this from my dealer.

"Yes this is correct, which is a shame because this is quite a popular specification. "

"Please be assured that this will not affect your vehicle as this was ordered before this had been announced, this is for new orders from last week."

· Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'd be more worried about what surprises they have in store for diesel owners, and the long standing and well documented issues with the 1.6 petrol engine, which may, or may not have been resolved.
The same thing happened with the Hyundai Tucson. 4 months after launch they deleted the 1.6 petrol turbo, and since then they have become very sought after. There was no reason for them to stop production of that, other than they had the new Kia Sportage waiting for launch, and possibly didn't want to compete with the GT Line version of that.

· Registered
18 Posts
It is only the GT Line spec using the 1.2 Auto that has been dropped. It's still available in the 2 lower trim levels and as a manual 1.2 GT Line, so why would this be a problem in the future?

I'm sure it will reappear at some point in the future.

· Registered
765 Posts
Why because you would think there had to be something wrong with it.
3yrs from now you average punter may think it had been made obsolete by a better option. That maybe it's rarity will mean parts are dearer/less available. Or even that it was obsoleted as it wasn't popular. It doesn't matter what the truth was, it'd just put them off buying it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.