Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: stripped the teeth on the timing belt replaced the belt checked the valves they seem to be gooing up and down ok changed the spark plugs as they were contaminated with petrol still no joy eco mode is displayed and the engine management light is not on help

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you have any luck ? Just a thought, but is there any chance that the crank sensor is playing up on your 1.1 206, as well as ours ? From what I can gather it is a very common cause of cutting-out on 206's ( google "peugeot 206 faults" and look at the 2nd result ) and if it is knackered, it will apparently prevent the engine from starting. I see that your post also got plenty of views but no replies. Apologies to the two or three people who have bothered to reply to my requests for advice on here, but it is a bit like drawing teeth - this is my wife's car, I have a 10 year old Rover 75, and the people on the Rover forum fall over themselves to show off their knowledge; I've had people from Australia offering advice on the couple of occasions when I've posted a question. Anyway, good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi thanks for the reply found out what it was all the valves are wiped out out let valves are not even returning shut and are about 3mm from home the inlet ones look shut but are not sealed this is causing the car not to start as their is no compersion £135 for a set of valves from peugeot and £56 for a gasket kit local garage is going to put the valves in the head for £50 and i will put it all back together do you think this is a good deal????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts