Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car has been driving fine, went on holiday for a week, came home and it won't start, the electrics come on, but the car engine won't start and the anti pollution warning light has come on.
I've seen so much conflicting info on this. .. has anyone had it? Or any Ideas?

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Car has been driving fine, went on holiday for a week, came home and it won't start, the electrics come on, but the car engine won't start and the anti pollution warning light has come on.
I've seen so much conflicting info on this. .. has anyone had it? Or any Ideas?
what happens if you try start?
what happens if you turn it off leaving key in ignition and open drivers door does it beep to say key is in ignition

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
The engine doesnt turn over, and the message air pollution faulty displays on the info screen. The clock and date have also been reset.

No beeps if I open the drivers door

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
When you say does not turn over can you clarify

does the engine turn on the starter motor but not start or does it not turn at all

sounds like you have a power fault flat battery or bad earth but no beeping when you have key in is a bad sign

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi
Thanks for replying
Nothing happens at all, I turn the key and the electrics come on (showing the fault message etc) but nothing with the starter motor etc

Not liking the sound of the bad sign! I'll call a few garages tomorrow, thank you

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Hi
Thanks for replying
Nothing happens at all, I turn the key and the electrics come on (showing the fault message etc) but nothing with the starter motor etc

Not liking the sound of the bad sign! I'll call a few garages tomorrow, thank you
sounds like battery has died but it could have lost settings in bsi

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If nothing happens it may just be a flat battery BUT the car should still beep to warn keys are in ignition with key off and door open check for this properly

Turn key on turn key off do not remove key open door car should start beeping to warn key in ignition.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys
I sent my husband to check about the warning sounds. .. I'll check myself later.
Hoping it is a flat battery and nothing else

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Jump starting is fine if done correctly is poor battery disconnection that causes the most issues.

If trying a jump start DO NOT simply connect the leads and try it right away let the boost car run for at least 5 mins to charge your battery slowly BEFORE turning the key.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts