Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One day i got the beep near offside rear window every time I press the break. The left indicator light on dashboard flashes faster than the right one as well.

Firstly, I assumed both the indicator and break bulbs are gone. However, they look fine after get them off the base. I tried new bulbs and it didn't help.

Then, I thought it might be the case of a bad fuse. Unfortunately, there is no fuse for the rear break and indicator according to the user manual. I can only find some for the headlight.

I double checked all other lamps. They all work fine except everything inside the rear offside lamps case.

Any clues on this issue?

·
3,760 Posts
The peugeot rear lights do suffer from poor earths at the multi-plug on the back of the light unit....a fresh earth from the cluster ,by passing the plug /socket,may cure your fault...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The peugeot rear lights do suffer from poor earths at the multi-plug on the back of the light unit....a fresh earth from the cluster ,by passing the plug /socket,may cure your fault...
Thanks for your reply. How can I get the plug off the base?

I took off the lamp case easily on the other day. But the multi-plug is inside a narrow plastic tube-like place. I tried to pull the wires without success and worried that I would damage the connections.

If the multi plug can be taken off, I could do further investigation.

·
3,760 Posts
Take the whole light unit out....there are some tabs that hold the bulb holder in place....take a new earth from the 'track' and earth inside the car ..there is a how to on here or youtube has loads....its only a sugestion..but worth a try

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Take the whole light unit out....there are some tabs that hold the bulb holder in place....take a new earth from the 'track' and earth inside the car ..there is a how to on here or youtube has loads....its only a sugestion..but worth a try
Cheers mate.
Job done in 10 minutes after looking at YouTube videos.

·
3,760 Posts
Well done...you're now another expert by experience to help others....well done and thanks for the update (y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts