Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been having a few problems with air suspension leaks on my 08 Peugeot Expert 1.6 HDI and would like to change it to conventional springs/dampers. What parts will I need to do this besides the springs and dampers themselves? A parts diagram would be great.

Also I saw a 2010 Expert 2.0HDI advertised as 'breaking' . Will it share the same rear axle/fixings as the 1.6 HDI and be suitable as a donor vehicle?

Thanks in advance..

Paul

·
Registered
15,102 Posts
08 and 2010 will be the same engine size makes no difference its a shame to remove the air suspension as when its right its much better than springs later experts have a harsher ride than earlier ones and the airbags help soften this.

You may only need springs as the air suspension model dampers are probably the same unless its a wheelchair adapted lowering rear type they could be different

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, thats very helpful. I didn't see any dampers when peering underneath and assumed the air suspension must need them. I'll just need the springs, bumpstops,spring seat/dishes and bolts then?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who converted it to air in the first place as some fit extra seats for the bags and the original spring pans are still there others use the original pans
I bought it second hand, Its a disability vehicle converted after brand new but Im not 100% sure as the dashboard lights are active when pressure has been lost so I'm assuming its the proper Peugeot air suspension which they do offer as an option.

It probably has spring pans underneath the air bag seats, I'll jack it up to have a good look later, take some pics and post them up here..

Thanks again...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Photo attached, I can see the damper now behind the orange bumpstop and although that looks like a spring pan, I'd have thought it would have a lip round the sides to help contain the spring.

I'll pop in to the Peugeot Dealer and see what bolts I might need.

Thanks for the advice reliable406. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi,

Just researching rear air suspension for my 04 307 SW 1.6 HDI 110.

I'll be towing a heavy trailer, with a fully loaded vehicle (yes, I'm aware of the weight limits, etc). A common practice in Oz is to to add air bags to lift the rear and level the ride.

I'm no expert on this, I thought the air bags went inside the springs, but the few photos I've seen for the Peugeot, they replace the spring.

Would these air bags do the trick?

Are there any good suppliers in the UK or Ireland, that know what their talking about. I don't know if I'll need them, just want to know where to go, if required.

D

·
0 Posts
Ive done suspension airbag removal conversion on an expert not long ago. It worked out fine. Fettling of all the ecus is involved though to put all the warning lights out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
93 Posts
I want to go the other way round.

I need to be able to increase the pressure in the airbags (aka lift the back end) when I want to load the car up and tow a trailer. Then reduce the pressure when I'm getting around normal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts