Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the vehicle but I think the brakes insensitive to gentle pressure with too much travel needed and require a heavy full foot to stop reasonably quickly.
Is this typical of a Partner or is an upgrade to superior pads, for example, likely to give better results. The Main Dealer thinks they are ok but I don't

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
combiman said:
I love the vehicle but I think the brakes insensitive to gentle pressure with too much travel needed and require a heavy full foot to stop reasonably quickly.
Is this typical of a Partner or is an upgrade to superior pads, for example, likely to give better results. The Main Dealer thinks they are ok but I don't
Hi and welcome to the forum..

have you had the brake fluid flushed on any of the services?? as it does need flushing after two years.. When the temperature goes up in the brake lines, it effects on the efficiency of braking..

I would bleed all corners starting from the rear drivers side.. They should deliver the results and you will notice the difference in the pedal..

good luck..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Scotcruz
Thanks for the welcome and prompt reply. I had thought of brake fluid change although it is not yet two years since registration and the brakes do not have a typical spongy feel. Nevertheless,having lost a bit of confidence in the vehicle, I need to get this resolved and will give your suggestion a go. I will combine it with another avenue of exploration which is to have a company that services and MOT's commercial Partner vans give it the once over.
I will post the outcome in due course.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts