Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - the engine is an 8 valve. Water and oil seeping out plastic thermostat housing. I'm I right looking at this housing that there are two chambers - one for engine oil - the other for coolant? It would seem that the housing is leaking both fluids and not coming from the head gasket that I originally thought.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same engine and also the same problem with mine. Need to get the housing off, clean up and reseal. Hopefully the two havent mixed
Hi - the engine is an 8 valve. Water and oil seeping out plastic thermostat housing. I'm I right looking at this housing that there are two chambers - one for engine oil - the other for coolant? It would seem that the housing is leaking both fluids and not coming from the head gasket that I originally thought.
Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah right - must be a common fault with them - easy fix though. I just ordered a new complete housing for the pricey sum of £13 on eBay :). Does anyone have the part number for the gasket?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ah right - must be a common fault with them - easy fix though. I just ordered a new complete housing for the pricey sum of £13 on eBay :). Does anyone have the part number for the gasket?
Mine is my own fault for not tighening the nuts up quite enough after changing it. Broke the other one after trying to put a helicoil in.
Used a gasket sealant from ebay but i cant remember the name of it. (Its in a red tube)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got new part from eBay today - but with no gasket? Spoke with supplier and informed me no gasket is fitted? Phoned Peugeot parts department and they said the same thing... though gasket sealant is used.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts