Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some lowlife unsuccessfully tried to break into my 07 newer shape expert.

They destroyed the outer handle and the door where it mounts.
But they gave up and didn't get in.

So I just covered the mess they made with a big sticker for the last 6 months.

The remote and dash button locked and unlocked all doors after the damage.
Only way to open rear door during this time was from inside handle once the remote or dash button was used.

I got a comple door of a breakers.

So I fitted it easily enough using my loom to the replacment door with lock still fitted

Now the door won't lock.
Well it does lock as I can here it lock and if someone is inside it cannot be opened by operating the door lever once locked by remote or dash but can be from the outside lever on rear door only.

When using the remote all appears good with the long flash of the hazard lights and both side doors lock but I can open the rear door from outside.

Same symptoms if I lock it with the button on the dash.

I've unplugged the rear door lock loom and plugged the original lock to the loom and the result is the same that it can be opened if I operate the cable for the outer handle after locking as per above.

Strange that my original lock that locked door ok before now has the same symptoms as the lock on the replacment door.

Any help appreciated as I'm now worse if in the fact that my cargo area is now totally vulnerable .

Help please

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Some lowlife unsuccessfully tried to break into my 07 newer shape expert.

They destroyed the outer handle and the door where it mounts.
But they gave up and didn't get in.

So I just covered the mess they made with a big sticker for the last 6 months.

The remote and dash button locked and unlocked all doors after the damage.
Only way to open rear door during this time was from inside handle once the remote or dash button was used.

I got a comple door of a breakers.

So I fitted it easily enough using my loom to the replacment door with lock still fitted

Now the door won't lock.
Well it does lock as I can here it lock and if someone is inside it cannot be opened by operating the door lever once locked by remote or dash but can be from the outside lever on rear door only.

When using the remote all appears good with the long flash of the hazard lights and both side doors lock but I can open the rear door from outside.

Same symptoms if I lock it with the button on the dash.

I've unplugged the rear door lock loom and plugged the original lock to the loom and the result is the same that it can be opened if I operate the cable for the outer handle after locking as per above.

Strange that my original lock that locked door ok before now has the same symptoms as the lock on the replacment door.

Any help appreciated as I'm now worse if in the fact that my cargo area is now totally vulnerable .

Help please
sounds like you have got the inside handle connected to the where the outside handle should be and the outside handle is connected to where the inside handle should be

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that with the cables.

But I have not touched the cables on the replacement door.

Nor had I touched the cable from my own inner handle to my lock.

I'll actually try swapping them round when I can get the Torx bolt holding the outer handle to move as it's well seized in.

Thanks for the reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts