Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am posting on behalf on my dad and his 07 plate 2.0 Expert.

For the past month or so the van has been going into what appears to be a limp mode, where it has limited power and the engine light comes on...an "anti pollution" message also pops up on the radio display too.

I actually saw this today for myself and had a ELM dongle so plugged it into the OBD port and got the following codes;

P0234 - Powertrain - Turbo/Super Charger Overboost Conditon
P0238 - Powertrain - Turbo//Super Charger Boost Sensor "A" Circuit High

I managed to clear these codes and the van restarted as normal, with the engine light off and running normally.

Does anyone have any ideas on what may be causing this as it seems to be happening more and more regularly?

The van is an 07 plate but really low mileage...around 50k if I recall correctly.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sorry I can't give a answer to this but the same thing happened to my Expert a few months back. I was accelerating hard in 3rd gear and the same thing as you happened, managed to get home, cleared the fault codes and it's never happened again. I forgot all about this till you mentioned it. :confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A bit more update on this.

Time moved on and the van started to loose all performance so we got under it at the weekend; when rev'ed the actuator wasn''t moving so turbo wasn't activating.

We checked all the hoses but couldn't find any leaks so ended up putting it into a garage who have "temporarily fixed it";

Basically they couldn't find any vacumn leaks either but when they blocked the feed to the valve on the inlet (dozer valve i think its called) the turbo started working again??

Obviously this isn't ideal so does anyone have any ideas given the above info?

I'm guessing there is some vacumn solenoid or valve out somewhere but i don't know enough about these engines to pin point??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts