Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've just picked up a 207cc which is running nicely apart from the fact the roof doesn't work. If you try to put it down it sounds like it's trying to work but nothing moves and the computer reads "roof movement not complete" or "roof mechanism faulty".

I've tried to manually put the roof down but had 2 problems.

1) How do you get the parcel shelf to come up? It says on the manual that there is a lock/plug you pull and then you can move it (similar to that in this video for 206 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbMLjCjD-H8) but I gave up trying to find it.

2) After I put the roof back up, it looks like the boot won't shut properly. I think this is related to do with the "U" pins you have to move up which lock the boot after you have moved it manually, is this normal?

If anyone has any general tips on what to look for in fixing the roof also, that would be massively appreciated! I am in Edinburgh and spoke to a Peugeot dealer, but they wanted ~£100 per hour for diagnostics along which is a bit much for me at the moment. After I have 20 posts I will contact someone with Peugeot Planet but will try to fix it myself in the meantime.

Thanks for your time,
Jeff

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update:

After looking around a bit we found that hydraulic pipe 32 (pic attached) was burst. Does anyone know if this would explain the complete lack of movement when we try to lower the roof? I've found some replacements (for example HERE).

Also, does anyone know exactly what this pipe controls and how easy it is to replace?

Thanks again.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
The pipes are quite easy to replace, I got 2 new pipes 32 & 33 if memory serves me right
Welcome To Cabriolet Roof Hoses.hydraulic roof hoses manufactuer is where i got the hoses, very quick service
the roof hydrulic oil is the same oil as Merc self levelling suspension fluid ZM-H Febi, 1 ltr £8 from GSF, just need to spend some time stripping out the lining of the boot so the pipes can be removed, the hose numbers are marked on the pipes,pump and the cylinders. hope this helps.
Bassai

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The pipes are quite easy to replace, I got 2 new pipes 32 & 33 if memory serves me right
Welcome To Cabriolet Roof Hoses.hydraulic roof hoses manufactuer is where i got the hoses, very quick service
the roof hydrulic oil is the same oil as Merc self levelling suspension fluid ZM-H Febi, 1 ltr £8 from GSF, just need to spend some time stripping out the lining of the boot so the pipes can be removed, the hose numbers are marked on the pipes,pump and the cylinders. hope this helps.
Bassai
Thanks for the reply. Good to know that it's not too hard and just need to strip out the lining of the boot. I found the oil (I think, FEBI SELF LEVELLING SUSPENSION FLUID 980ME0010) so that's saved me some money!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Jeff, its quite easy, there are screws that retain the pipes in place on both the pump and the cylinder, the thing for me that took the time was removing the boot lining, once this is clear removal is quite quick, beware the screws are small with a fine tread 3mm i think, dont drop one and loose it like i did hope this helps.

sorry couldnt reply via PM as I dont have enough posts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Jeff, its quite easy, there are screws that retain the pipes in place on both the pump and the cylinder, the thing for me that took the time was removing the boot lining, once this is clear removal is quite quick, beware the screws are small with a fine tread 3mm i think, dont drop one and loose it like i did hope this helps.

sorry couldnt reply via PM as I dont have enough posts.
Thanks very much for the reply, I really appreciate it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts