Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
i have a 207 1.6 hdi and i suspect the big end bearings have gone because its knocking and the crank does not rotate proply seems to have a lot of play in it and i also have a video of it running hoping i could send it to someone for advice many thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know its big trouble i tried to send davidireland a pm but wont let me without over 20 posts to try and send him the video to see what he thinks

D

·
0 Posts
Ah come on, you're all being very hard on me. I've a dislike of the way people mind them is all.
I'd be interested in finding out if actually the big ends are gone. I've never seen this happen to this engine and I've had the pleasure:eek: of working on it since it came out in 2004.
Few questions, What mileage? What oil was used?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the milage is 65000 and too be honest dont know what oil has been used in it as i had bought the car from an auction of all places and oil is pissing out of the crank seal timing end

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you are right there davidireland my own fault though for not looking at the car :mad: will do that will get it done tommorrow just curious to what has happened to that engine because the turbo is fine may be oil pump fault ? any way thank you davidireland will let you know how i get on :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bottom pulley?

Now a couple of people in the past have told me about the crank pulley rubber buffer breaking up and the harmonics from that would have you maybe think, and with good reason the bottom end may have picked up.

I can honestly say having heard it myself it is possible that you may instantly think it's the crank gone.

It cost me £85 for a genuine one for my 110 hdi.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wish it was that simple trust me its not the pulley :) any way update time have spoken to the last owner of the car today and he has told me that the oil temp went in to the red and he ended up being broke down he than got picked up and taken back to the garage were he bought it from and they told him the crank was shot and they were not going to repair it so he had another car off them ,The question i would like to ask is why would the oil temp shot up like that and than the crank or bearings to go ?:confused:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Oil pressure is probably knackered - could be poor servicing, running low on oil, cooling system not working properly absolutely cooking the oil when overheating etc. Rip it out and rebuild or renew

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi There, forgive me for butting in here, have you drained the oil and checked for a grit like metal grinding paste. You can feel around for it in the oil, it should reflect in sunlight.

That is what happens when the white metal bearings break down.

Also what you are describing, if the bearings were that far gone there would have been a good possibility of the engine throwing a piston rod through the block..

Sorry I dont have a pug, but just finished with bearings on a cit c4 1.6 HDI.

Cheers

Zedd

1 - 13 of 13 Posts