Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have just been quoted £190 to replace the rear disks and pads for my pug. I have been told i have a particulaly expensive type of rear brake system that includes bearings etc and this is why it is so expensive. i have just had the front disks and pads replaced by the same garage and they were relatively inexpensive. does anyone know how i can find out the brake specs that my model requires?

G

·
Hi

I fear what you have been told is correct.

The earlier 307s had traditional discs - which are cheap - £20 for a set of discs and pads!

The later rear setup has the bearings built into the discs and are very expensive in comparison.

There are some companies on ebay selling sets - for "reasonable" prices....

Suggest you could do the job yourself and save some cash?

David

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your speedy reply dave, i will try to do it myself as the old girl has cost me a few pennies recently, thanks again.

Adam

G

·
Buggery!

Yeah i'm going to be swapping all discs and pads soon, have been skimmed down a fair bit so far so its nearly time to replace!

Will have to do some price hunting then methinks!

G

·
Well...there are often some rears on ebay for circa £80, which is as good as I could find trade - for a pair of discs.

Out of interest, depending on the car they are sold for the price goes up and down. Have a quick look to see what other PSA vehicles the same discs are fitted to....

Time to start watching ebay.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
really depends on your car , you`ll have to check ,both my 02 and 04 307`s were discs only no bearings built in , you might be ok (are you feeling lucky?)

G

·
I always feel lucky, trouble is its very rare i actually am! :lol:

Will consult the servicebox and see what it thinks :confused:

Rich

1 - 9 of 9 Posts