Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My coolant temp runs at around 74c and Ive noticed that if Im sitting in a traffic jam causing the temp to hit 90c,the van runs like a bag of bolts for a while after that.The turbo still whirs,but acceleration is throttled and not the usual speed going through the gears.In the past its been really bad,like when I pulled out of a junction and it would only go about 6mph for about 6 secs(with foot almost right down,in 1st and 2nd),then it picked up and kinda returned to normal.

Any ideas guys

C

·
0 Posts
90C is about right for an HDi (on the 2.0). The engine heat itself won't cause a running problem - diesels are thermally very efficient and like to be hot, within reasonable limits.

Could still be 101 different things, from HGF, to dying MAF or tubby, a fuel pressure sender problem, lord knows. If you're coolant hasn't gone down I'd be inclined to think its a management/sender related problem, but I think you need to get it looked at soonest.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The coolant does go down,but only about 4mm a month or so.I put in a new MAF and its running a bit better.I read somewhere about someone saying there is an intercooler (under the left headlight) that gets clogged up with gunge.Im presuming its a oil cooler for the turbo and he said his motor ran very well after he changed it.
Ive also used my fault code reader and no codes were found.When I get a car charger for my laptop,Ill take the motor for a spin and can check the data results to see if anything is amiss

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Can you get in touch please,

Im currently in the process of dealing with a claim with cab direct and peugeot, i would like to have some help and information to strengthen my case.

Please can you get in touch with on [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts