Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am hoping that members here may be able to help.
I apologise in advance that the story is a little long. I'm not a peugeot owner but I have been asked to take a look at this car as a last ditch attempt to save it from the breakers yard. This is the story I have been told. The car was purchased with the N/S front indicator not working along with the NS repeater. It was taken to a local garage who diagnosed "a faulty fise box". The owner replaced the under bonnet fuse box without disconnecting the battery !! From that point the car would not start. It has been in two local garages, one of which a local peugeot dealer and they have been unable to sort it. It was then towed to my house. I have checked all earths, followed the battery power up procedure to the letter many times. Battery is good all fuses good, I have checked for water ingress and the electrics are dry. The engine turns on the starter, seems to hesitate for a moment then continues to turn but will not start. Code reader gives me a cam sensor fault but this may be a bum steer but it would help to know the exact location of the sensor so I can check it. I suspect the BSI has been blown during the fusebox change but want to rule out as much as I can before sending this car back to its owner.
Any suggestions would be most welcome. I am an electonics engineer so systems do not scare me.

Nige

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Engine bay fuse box is not coded in in any way shape or form

After trying to start turn ignition off and key in and open driver door, does it beep to say key is in

You need to check live data with planet
Cam crank sync
Fuel pressure when cranking
Engine speed when cranking
Ecu unlocked

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
I agree engine bay fusebox is not coded and can be swapped BUT there are different options according to car spec foglights etc although most will work in any car sounds like they have lost the key codes due to not disconnecting the battery correctly

recode keys and car will start most likely unless there is more info to be drip fed later :)

Following the battery power up procedure is useless if the disconnect was done wrongly to start with the harm has been done then no amount of reconnecting will fix it !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Engine bay fuse box is not coded in in any way shape or form

After trying to start turn ignition off and key in and open driver door, does it beep to say key is in

You need to check live data with planet
Cam crank sync
Fuel pressure when cranking
Engine speed when cranking
Ecu unlocked
Yes, it beeps. I understand that diagnostics on planet would be the logical way to go. In this case it's not really an option. I don't have access to this system. I would not normally get involved in something that has passed through previous failures to correct but I am doing this as a favour. If the information I have been given is correct, the car was running perfectly before the engine bay fusebox was replaced in an attempt to fix the indicator issue.
I am trying to narrow down the possible culprits before sending it back to its owner.
Nige

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree engine bay fusebox is not coded and can be swapped BUT there are different options according to car spec foglights etc although most will work in any car sounds like they have lost the key codes due to not disconnecting the battery correctly

recode keys and car will start most likely unless there is more info to be drip fed later :)

Following the battery power up procedure is useless if the disconnect was done wrongly to start with the harm has been done then no amount of reconnecting will fix it !
Sorry. I should have included the re-fitted fusebox in my OP. I tried to make my post short but comprehesive and failed !
Nige

1 - 7 of 7 Posts