Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there new member to this forum, hopeing somebody more knowedgable can give some advice on my 2.2 hdi engine which is belching smoke out of the exhaust. It isn't black nor is it blue, it's whitish grey and it really stinks ( and makes your eye's water). It was a company van and was serviced regularely and has covered 107K miles. It start's very well, runs and drives very well has plenty of power and is spot on except for this annoying mess coming from the (side) tailpipe. Recently the crank bottom pulley oil seal and cambelt were replaced, the garage who repaired it were also the garage that serviced it from new and they told me that about 6 month's ago they replaced the high pressure fuel pump and the turbo and the intercooler duct's, along with the clutch and wheelbearing's. This has led me to believe that a costly exercise in the engine management system is about to fall on me.
Unless any of you guys have had something similar and can pass on any usefull tip's. Gonna take the MAF out and clean it at the weekend and check for any leaks/splits in any of the pipes but apart from that i am afraid that i am not very familliar with the HDI so any comment's will be gratefully recieved.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts