Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
03 206GTI 180 No dash, speedo & clocks, radio or display electrics

Hi there everyone...
I was driving home from work and everything was fine then all of a sudden everything went out on the dash the climate control stopped working, radio totaly powered off dash display went out all the clocks stopped working and are stuck in active positions and are not working anymore. The car drives fine and the stalks are working ok but i still have this power issue i have checked all the fuses and they all seem fine both the set under the dash and the set under the bonnet i will have a proper check later all i done is check them on the back of them with a multi meter.
I hope there is a simple fix for this and a realy easy one to as i cant afford to put it in a garage to get sorted.
Thanks for all your help in advance
Shane

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
if all the fuses are fine, disconnect the battery, wait for 5 mins and reconnect. see if that sorts it, if not get planet hooked up

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there thanks for the reply i tried that out also last night to take the battery off and leave it still nothing i will make sure every fuse is fully checked today after work as i didnt have the effort to do it last night . What is this Planet thing you mentioned.
All the best
Shane

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
planet is a dealership tool that you can get from ebay (although a clone) and does all the same stuff as the peugeot/citroen dealers can do...such as diagnose a whole range of problems. its about £130 in value but you can prob find someone close by who will be willing to lend you it a few mins to check it over.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again for the information i have now spent a bit of time checking it out and there was a fuse gone it was fuse 15 on the interior fuse box as soon as i replaced it everything worked fine for about 20 mins then it went again so dont know realy wats going on there i have now eplaced the fuse again disconnected the stereo even though it was working fine just incase as it is a aftermarket unit which maybe going faulty also the parrot incar kit has been disconnected so now it is back to basic car parts see how long it last now when i left it it was working fine see if its ok in the morning now...

Thanks for your help
and if anyone else has any further pointers all will be greatfully recieved.

shane

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
if you replaced a fuse with a new one and that went bust nearly straight away i think you will have a problem. its good that you have disconnected the hu etc. if that holds up. connect one at a time and see how that goes, soon as you connect something and it goes. thats your fault.

if it goes again without connecting out. i would look at the wiring and i would bet somewhere along the line you will more than likely have a short circuit or a bad componant somewhere.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi there again....It didnt go straight away what happened was from what i can gather is when i hit a pot hole or a sharp bump in the road on the left hand side it pops the fuse i replaced it again last night and drove to work this morning and everything was fine untill i hit a pot hole on the front left hand side then it all went again.. The external fuse box is on the left hand side under the bonnet so dont know if that is a problem also will check it out tonight now by replaceing it and having a poke about and see if i can get it to pop without driving at least that way i might be able to narrow it down to a restricted area ( i hate cars and i hate ones that dont play fair ) all this has started coz i spoke about selling it typical init..

Thanks again
Shane

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the help it has just stopped doing it now for no reason at all i have done nothing to the car changed the fuse to try and make it pop again and couldnt has been running now fine for the last 3 days hopefully thats the end of this weird bug in the car.....Get rid of it now b4 anything else goes wrong with it.
Thanks again for all you input
All the best
Shane

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.