Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to covert one to a mini camper. Looking to just be a SWB high top. Anyone give me with/length in the back please and what engine for best MPG. 2,2 or 2.8. I like to do Euroland and sitting at 70 is a must. There will not be that great a weight added. Say a double kitchen unit with sink, Double bed (folding) and a gas bottle. Is there that much difference with 2.2 to 2.8 on the insurance? So many questions?

No great hurry as i have a little Expert mini camper i made just now what i will be using for Italy. I was going to get a Iveco or Movano but after a few 306's and this van i find the Pug's reliable. We had diesel 205's, 309's and 306's at the old work and they would get abused and turn 100k a year with no issues so sticking with Pug is a no brainier.

Anyway, any info would be greatly appreciated :thumb:

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
If you want reliable go for the 2.8 as its the iveco engine and plenty power in reserve
2.2 is peugeot engine and is ok but not as good as 2.8 van itself is more fiat than peugeot to be honest.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If you want reliable go for the 2.8 as its the iveco engine and plenty power in reserve
2.2 is peugeot engine and is ok but not as good as 2.8 van itself is more fiat than peugeot to be honest.
Never knew that. I did join the iveco forum when i was thinking of getting that van but they are just to large for my needs and i think my hear is back with Pug. Van being more Fiat are they not just clones of each other and Citroen? The Exper, Scodo and Dispatch are almost identical.

Is it Ducato, boxer and Relay?

Not long sold a Fiat Stilo. Not a bad car but over engineered for what it was. We dont use a car much so found a 2001 Seicento with 30 odd K on the clock for running around in. Surprisingly quick for a 1.1

Dont laugh :D

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
Seicentos are great cars i have had a few over the years alternators seized up if not used regularly which was a bit strange :)

The big vans have more fiat parts than peugeot parts and are built in italy
The smaller expert etc are more peugeot but they are all made in france !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aye i love the wee Fiat. Found it in a little town in Fife, Saline?
Funny you saying the Boxer mostly Fiat when i first seen the dash the clocks do look Fiat but 100% more modern than whats in my Expert. Its like being back in my non turbo 1.9 306. Think that was 99:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone know the internal dimensions of these vans or can point me in teh direction of the owners manual download cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts