Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn car on 0000000 comes up in the mileage screen with a sign at the end ?? Can anyone tell me y please. Next prob = I hear a clicking noise some times ?? Thanks

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Could be your oil level giving 0000000, check it on the dipstick.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
The oooooo is the Oil level guage. oooooo mean the level is ok. When the level drops the number of o's drops and it shows something like 000---

oooooo not flashing means level correct
oooooo Flashing means too much oil
oooo-- Means level above minimum but below maximum Fewer o's means lower oil level
o----- flashing means no oil or guage fault. If the oil level is ok on the dipstick then the guage is faulty.

The oil level using the dipstick is only correct if the car has been on level ground with the engine off for more than ten minutes

·
Registered
388 Posts
Very unreliable system anyway.

Mine can show full in the morning, then an hour later it says empty, them another hour it's full again.

I'd always recommend actually checking with the dipstick.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I agree that the guage can be 'wrong' but on both of my 307's so far the guages only shown an incorrect reading when the car is not on level ground. When I park my car at night, I park it pointing down a hill and with a camber to the right and the guage shows low oil BUT when I park at work on a level car park, the guage correctly shows that the oil level is just right. The dipstick would give me the same results though. I don't use the guage to let me know if I need oil as I regularly check the oil using the dipstick but is is nice to have the warning on days that you wouldn't normally check the oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts