Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just changed my 2011 Exclusive for a new (old shape) 3008 Allure. Bought the vehicle from Arnold Clark,Hartington Road, Preston and a superb deal from their female saleswoman.
I read somewhere on here that after July 2015 updates for the Sat Nav on this model were free for 5 years at the Peugeot dealers. Went to the Lancaster main dealer and they had no clue about it and very unhelpful.Did not even try phoning Peugeot UK.
Rang main dealers all over to no avail.
Finally rang Robin and Day, Preston and straight away a friendly male on the service side asked me to wait whilst he checked and then confirmed I was correct. Car booked in next week for upgrade.
I asked him how he knew about it and he said he just checked my Reg No., looked at the chassis number and it stated I was entitled to free upgrades!

· Registered
2,026 Posts
If you go to Mypeugeot.com and register with your VIN, you can then hover over "my vehicles" and "3008", you will then see a menu which includes Mapcare, click on this and you can then download your free map updates yourself.

· Registered
2,026 Posts
That sounds interesting but how do you transfer them to the car's system?
AQ
You unzip the file onto an 8GB USB stick then start the engine and insert the stick into the USB socket under the armrest, then follow the instructions on the display.

· Registered
2 Posts
Just changed my 2011 Exclusive for a new (old shape) 3008 Allure. Bought the vehicle from Arnold Clark,Hartington Road, Preston and a superb deal from their female saleswoman.
I read somewhere on here that after July 2015 updates for the Sat Nav on this model were free for 5 years at the Peugeot dealers. Went to the Lancaster main dealer and they had no clue about it and very unhelpful.Did not even try phoning Peugeot UK.
Rang main dealers all over to no avail.
Finally rang Robin and Day, Preston and straight away a friendly male on the service side asked me to wait whilst he checked and then confirmed I was correct. Car booked in next week for upgrade.
I asked him how he knew about it and he said he just checked my Reg No., looked at the chassis number and it stated I was entitled to free upgrades!
I have a 2015, 3008 Crossway 1.6 HDI and my view this seems just more trouble than it's worth. I too have the RT6 unit with sat nav and I have the update I have purchased from Peugeot as my main agent refuse to do updates. The usb port under the arm rest only recognises mp3 files as the device likes to tell me on the screen. How do I get it to recognise the update which I am sure contains NO mp3 files.
Peugeot support have done their best as they sent me some lovely instructions of how to load the update, unfortunately they were in Brazillian and I don't speak that language.
These intructions are however the same as in the handbook. Any clues would be appreciated. Sorry to hijack this thread but I couldn't work out how to start a thread of my own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.