Where after comm2000? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-01-12, 10:07 AM   #1

Default Where after comm2000?

I have a 2004 2.0 hdi Partner van i'm on my 3rd comm2000 unit.
Once again i think is playing up , air bag light constantly onand no horn, i have done the little earth conector trick twice but no difference.
I borrowed a comm2000 from my friends 2009 van ( identical unit) and this time no instant fix as previously has worked. Gave it back re-fitted my own unit.

Checked wires /conectors under seat all fine! Fuses been through every single one. So short of ideas here. Not another hit and miss guessing game with another unit surely? Or who is near me willing to help a bloke out with the diaog planet ? I'm East Lon / Essex area but willing to travel.

Regards Ray
RB Decs is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-01-12, 10:12 AM   #2
Inactive User

Hi Ray, you say you're on your third unit. Have they second-hand/borrowed, or have you used a totally new one?
Ross_K is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 31-01-12, 10:26 AM   #3

Default comm 2000

Hello Ross
fast reply mate thankyou, well yes they were 2nd hand ones but worked fine for a few months etc then kaput! The last one put in was from a 2009 . (nOT MY MATES ONE) . I HAVE HAD A 2005 AND A 2007 on there .

A newone is out of my price reach Ross. But i really suspect the unit as its almost gone the same way as the previous ones .

Ray

Old 31-01-12, 02:24 PM   #4
Inactive User

You know you'll have to bite the bullet and buy a new one, don't you?

Bettyswollocks has a repair guide for COM2000's - might be worth a bash before you lay out some money: https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...00-fixed-7234/

I got a new gucci one with auto lights and wipers from a guy on ebay for 140, so a basic one for a van should be less than that.

Drop him an email with your chassis number or reg and see what he charges. He's [email protected]

Last edited by Ross_K; 31-01-12 at 02:28 PM.
Old 31-01-12, 05:51 PM   #5

Default Comm2000

Hi Again Ross
well i don't want to say how much i've wasted on 2nd hand ones and i even made one good one to , including some transplants from the very thread you talk of . But i kinda thought mine wasn't as cheap as you said?

I will try and look up from your link, but i was given the impression they are over 230? Mine has the rear wiper control and the radio remote but i know thats a plug in job . Is that what everyone does now buys new? Think i want to be 150% certain it is that before i thought about that route.

Ray
Old 31-01-12, 08:07 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB Decs View Post
I will try and look up from your link, but i was given the impression they are over 230? Mine has the rear wiper control and the radio remote but i know thats a plug in job . Is that what everyone does now buys new? Think i want to be 150% certain it is that before i thought about that route.

Ray
They probably are over 230 from a dealer but I didn't pay anything like that.

That guy's got a new partner one without rear wiper here for 134 - you get the idea: Peugeot Indicator Wiper Stalk COMM 2000 6239QN

I can't see one listed with rear wiper so you'd need to contact him.

Dunno if everyone buys new... I think a lot of the people complaining about going through loads of them don't buy new. You say yourself you've wasted loads of money on second-hand ones.

Some things are fine to buy from a scrappy or whatever, but I've got four small kids so I don't have the time or the money to spend my saturday mornings pulling off airbags and getting an earful from my better half when things don't work.

So yeah it's one part for a Pug or Citroen that I'd buy new if it was giving trouble.
Old 31-01-12, 09:24 PM   #7
Inactive User

as covered before, i would buy new from dealer, and get them to fit...yeah it will cost a fair whack but in the end if it goes again, its under parts and labour warranty...so you can keep getting them free if they keep breaking within the year

john_h is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 31-01-12, 09:55 PM   #8

Default comms 2000

ok thankyou for that link Ross i'll ring them. and john i think its a good idea to do what you said to but i bet ya a new one lasts over a year? lol then goes wronglol.
I just spent 9 weeks out of work so i have to go for the cheaper option from the other place and pray.

Why the hell did they not leave it as it used to be on the earlier models!

Regards Ray
Old 31-01-12, 11:03 PM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB Decs View Post
Why the hell did they not leave it as it used to be on the earlier models!

Regards Ray
It's cheaper.

For them...
Old 11-02-12, 02:20 PM   #10

Default comm2000

Ok i bit the bullet as suggested and bought a new one from where Ross said it was 135 posted as i had the DAV type and not the main dealer only delphi type.
Fitted it this morning and yep here we go again all back to normal and working fine.
Just totted up that i spent 128 on 2nd hand ones over a year. Hmmm!

Well thanks for the link to Neta car parts and some sound advice.

Ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in