Weird Wiper issue.... - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-12-14, 01:16 PM   #1

Default Weird Wiper issue....

For the past few weeks sometimes when I switch on my wipers nothing happens but if I move the switch to fast position they go. I can then use my wipers on all speeds including intermittent until the next time it happens which could be in the few minutes or next few days. FYI I have fitted a brand new comms unit in the past week and it made no difference. Reason for new comms unit was the indicators didn't self cancel anymore and i thought the wiper issue would be cured at the same time. New fuse box was fitted as well within the past 6 months.
Any ideas guys???
E7 58reg is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-12-14, 01:54 PM   #2

I had exactly the same issue with a Buick LeSabre. It was the wiper motor.
Once the motor had a full voltage kick into life it was fine.
A new motor cured it. Btw it cost me 93 to have a reman unit delivered to my door in the UK from somewhere in Illinois, USA.

Roger.
Old 15-01-15, 09:16 AM   #3

All sorted and working normally. I did a fault code clear on the ecu and the wipers are now working fine. Only thing I can think of is that the wiper fault was caused by a the faulty Comms unit and when I replaced it the same fault was still stored on the ecu and the new unit carried on as if it hadn't been replaced. It's as if you have to tell the ecu that you've fitted a new part.
Who the f designed this????
E7 58reg is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in