Van with no heater plugs working (Wiring) - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-10-12, 09:51 PM   #1

Default Van with no heater plugs working (Wiring)

Hi Guy's,

I have brought a van that has had a new engine (DHX engine) so I have had to rewire the engine bay using this: If its the bosch pump, the main wires you need will just be the stop solenoid on the pump, glow plugs and starter solenoid, that should get you started (From another website)..

Anyway, the problem that I have is that when I turn the ignition on I get no heater plug light which in turn means the heater plugs don't work..

Can anyone recommend any ideas???

Many thanks in advance

Ash
_ASH_ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-10-12, 09:58 PM   #2

The wiring for the replacement engine you have sounds like 406 dt type should be similar to the original i assume non turbo wjy engine it had

Have you got it running or are you still trying to get it started

What engine did it have before

Have you removed the immo box from the pump
reliable406 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 21-10-12, 10:15 PM   #3

Hi, I don't know what engine was in it before (All I know is that it's logbooked as a 2.0 ltr) and there are loads of wires for the injectors (which it no longer has (has a bosch pump))

Ive had it running (I've had a wire direct from the battery to the heater plug for a few seconds and then turned the key and it starts)

don't know what the immo box is???

Thanks

Ash

Old 21-10-12, 10:24 PM   #4

If it was a 2 litre then it had an hdi in it RHY code you will see that in chassis code heater plugs on those are controlled by ecu so you need to get an older style glow plug relay and wire it in they have lots of wires but you only need the main ones

power earth and trigger there are also one for temp sensing and the wire to the dash light.

Or you could just fit a big button on the dash to control them either way you have a bit of wiring to do

You cannot use an hdi relay it works differently i know i tried
Old 21-10-12, 10:41 PM   #5

Well.. There is one of these on the inner wing ( with a multi plug going into it (5 or 6 wires as I remember) and then 2 thicker cables coming off & going into the loom

Thanks
Old 21-10-12, 10:50 PM   #6

That looks like the hdi one it wont work although the one you need is similar been a while since i have had to worry about glowplugs i do mostly hdi stuff now they do not really need them.
If you join the 2 fat wires together while cranking it will start but i guess you know that

I suppose you could just wire a big relay to those and switch it manually depends how neat you want it
Old 21-10-12, 11:01 PM   #7

I was thinking of wiring an ignition feed to the relay to bridge a feed from the battery to the heater plugs but I guess it will leave a constant feed to the heater plugs.. (Am I right in thinking that)??

Thanks
Old 21-10-12, 11:05 PM   #8

If it is the correct glow plug relay then all it needs is an ignition feed and earth to work but you will not get a glowplug light you would need to listen for it clicking on and off this would be ok but not ideal.

If on the other hand it is indeed an hdi relay it simply will not do anything when powered
Old 21-10-12, 11:13 PM   #9

just something else that is going through my head is that on the same side inner wing there is a red box with a multi plug going to it (any ideas what this is)??

Other than that, I will have to check what the writing says on the relay box..

Many thanks for all your help..
Old 21-10-12, 11:21 PM   #10

without seeing its hard to say but that could be the connection for the original loom as it would have a round multiplug with lots of connections

Is the wiring for the injectors etc still in place ?

Is the ecu still there ?

An underbonnet pic might be in order im off to bed catch you tomorrow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in