Strange Turbo Sound - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-05-14, 10:34 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Strange Turbo Sound

Hello
I brought a 07 plate 1.6HDI Peugeot Partner last week cheap because the turbo had gone.
I drove the van back 30 miles and it drove fine apart from it wouldn't go over about 3 and half thousand revs and the turbo was making a weird clucking noise every now and again at about 2-3 thousand revs.
When I got back I took the pipe off the side of the turbo to check for any play in the turbo and there was so I went out and brought a second hand turbo that hadn't done many miles.
The next day I took the old turbo off and fitted the new turbo to find it was making the same noise again so I took the oil feed off to find there was no oil coming through so I cleaned the pipe up and put it back on and oil was pouring out lovely. I ran the engine for about half an hour and I didn't hear any more weird noises coming from the turbo so I thought right its time for a test drive. After about 10 mins of test driving the noise came back again
I've got a funny feeling that the old oil has blocked up the oil feed pipe again so my plan for tomorrow is to flush the engine and do a oil/filter change and clean the feed pipe back out again to see if the noise will go away.
Do you think I am going along the right lines or maybe have any other ideas or past experience?
Thanks in advance
doomdoom88 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-05-14, 08:16 AM   #2
Inactive User

Running a turbo for even a very short time, seconds not minutes, without an oil supply will blow the bearings due to the high rpm of the turbo. When a turbo is replaced you should always prime with oil before starting the engine, likewise you should never allow the engine to rev straight after startup and you should always allow the engine to idle for a short time before switching off.

308 SW 2.0 HDI 136 FAP SE Dec 2009.
nickcc is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in