Starting up problems - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-12, 07:01 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Starting up problems

Hi, Im 'new' to Peugeot Expert 2005 vans. Some how it defies me how debilitating to a business they can be, and to DIY fix.

I have a yellow dash signal with a pic of an engine with arrows pointing around the place illuminating after I start up. Sometimes I get lucky and the fekker starts first time. It does run a bit rough, and Russles Manual (Not Haynes) advises a fuel filter water drain and clean up to solve problem. Not done that yet.

The weird thing is starting up on ignition there is a slight warring sound and then its a good start (glow plugs and pressure pump?). well more times now it fails to make the noise sometimes and that's when it turns over but no start.

Could it be a loose connection, eroded contacts in the wiring or injectors, or what. The manual tells me to go to a peugeot garage to diag, but i dunno if they charge for that? Im not minted enough just to throw even more money at the van. frankly its really taking the piss how much it needs fixing!!

Please help
nojathan is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-12, 08:33 PM   #2
Inactive User

You've got to get it scanned so look up the planet map on this site and see if anyone is near you with peugeot planet,its well worth it as other wise you are just shotting in the dark.I know I've been there but all motors are like this now.
andy pen is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-12, 08:08 PM   #3
Inactive User

Indeed we do these days. Andy Pen
I got more than I bargained for - the news the EU is pressing ahead with, and no say from Us people that - Independent garages will lose the "Right To Repair". WTF is this world turning into?!! Non democratic Non self sustainability...

Anyway, the Independent Garage I went to gave me the van's number of the problem/error: P0235 Turbocharger boost sensor A circuit malfunction. Could that be a yellow 2 pin plug that goes into a box hidden behind the engine that means the engine needs lifted out to get to?. Is that malfunction a 3000 part that renders the van a heap of S**T? Or is this problem a simple solve?

This van was the worst thing i have ever bought!

Old 09-03-12, 09:19 PM   #4
Inactive User

P0235 Description
The boost pressure sensor responds to pressure changes in the intake manifold. This pressure is created by the turbocharger and changes with accelerator pedal position (APP) and engine speed. The engine control module (ECM) uses this information to assist in diagnosis of the barometric pressure (BARO) sensor and to provide engine overboost protection. The boost pressure sensor has a 5-volt reference circuit, a low reference circuit, and a signal circuit. The engine control module (ECM) supplies 5 volts to the boost pressure sensor on the 5-volt reference 2 circuit, and provides a ground on a low reference circuit. The boost pressure sensor provides a signal to the ECM on a signal circuit relative to the pressure changes. The ECM monitors the boost pressure sensor signal for voltage outside of the normal range. The ECM calculates a predicted value for the boost pressure sensor. The ECM then compares the predicted value to the actual signal.
nige65 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-12, 09:37 PM   #5
Inactive User

A very big thank you for such forthcoming efforts and info. I shall find a way to forward this to my mechanic.

It seems to me the 'brain' of a vehicle is becoming a bit too intelligent. Will this be a security immobilisation feature in the near future? ECU just needs a SIM card to make it totally open to remote control. OMG! Big brother!!
Old 10-03-12, 10:58 AM   #6
Inactive User

I know exactly how you feel , I thought the same with my van for a while.Thought I'd got a right piece O sh**. but after a few weekends and lots of help from this forum (cheers guys) I actually have ended up with a reasonable van.(even if a bloody door lock seams to be keeping the stop light flashing and I cant stop it).As to europe and thier dictates from un elected uneducated over paid and corupt commitees that seam to increase our cost of living to the point where I cant live on a wage that has not changed in 4 years but thiers goes up (breath) I just feel like giving up.Nearly 25% of my wages goes in fuel for the van A WEEK And now if we HAVE to use main dealers for servicing I will be out of buisness within the next 12 months.
So what will become of us then,when we get to 3 or 4 million on benifits and the government has even less income Greece here we come along with Irland ,Portugal,Spain,Italy and most of the the new eastern european countries we subsidise.
Anyway rant over and I hope you get the van sorted Cheaply good luck to you.
andy pen is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-12, 12:35 PM   #7
Inactive User

Could be worse Ye could be sending aid to Argentina .......oops
cabinpac is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 17-03-12, 07:38 PM   #8
Inactive User

Please, if you can help with the following >

I managed to find a fantastic mechanic, who looked into the problem and point my attention to fixing the bits that are currently kapUt. It's true - turbo pressure sensor is actually correct and it's a DIY fix in this case

I need to know what the tubing is for the turbo pressure sensors in/out hoses (if special diameter expansion etc ) and where i can get the tubing. The line is connected to 2 small drums under the hood. there are holes in the tubes -

Also the brown RELAY box needs replaced (brown box above the left front wheel arch panel next to the battery and in front of the fuse matrix) N/S/F. Its a part number I'm after, or its name cos its obscured by scratches. Apparently it relays ignition to the pre start pressure build part of the brain when the glow plugs are doing their job at the same time. This part is temperamental and causing dodgy start ups that take 10 - 20 minutes of a type of roulette.

Finally, I also need a "front pipe/cat" the one i have has a crack and it makes the van really thirsty and noisy - so it needs replaced also. Anyone help me finding this replacement that doesn't cost 200+ quid please? Then my mechanic legend can replace it.

My new mechanic swears the van is great once fixed and is worth it. Honestly I want to experience the euphoria of at least a several months or more trouble-free with this apparently award winning van...

Thank you O' Wise Forum People

If I can help with Aid to Argentina - how do I get started? That is a life time's opportunity and challenge Id like to rise to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in