speedo and various problems - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-08-11, 05:28 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default speedo and various problems

Hi

I am new here, and the last time i posted a question I was given a link to the '04 Expert 900 HDi owners manual on-line that was not 100% working, at the pages i needed. The fuse box diagram was corrupt, so i have still no idea what fuse is for what. Any help here is appreciated.

Im also going to fork out dash board bulbs, but i have no reference to the type they are and the casings they use. my fingers are also too big to get the things out, so needle pliers are needed, or a girl with boneless fingers (For future reference to a thread viewer).

The speedo as far as Im aware is a gadget within the clutch or gearbox. To get to it one has to go under the van and go behind the engine. Correct? has one torx bolt, and that has a spindle that connects to a range of plastic cams 5 of witch relate to gear ratios. My mechanic tells me this because he doesnt want to do this sort of job. its small and faffy simple NOT K.I.S.S (Keep It Silly Simple). As much as he is very devoted to French vehicles, this is not ideal. Help required knowledge please.

Thanks people for reading, and I hope this thread becomes useful for anyone else.
nojathan is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-08-11, 06:00 PM   #2
davidireland

You are failing to describe what is not working, speedo? display?
  Quick reply to this message
Old 23-08-11, 09:11 AM   #3
Inactive User

Ok, thanks for reading.

The speedometer is failing. It IS getting power because the needle jumps on ignition on/off its just not counting mph. The garage I bought the van from had fitted a new clutch and I guess they forgot to fix the speedo back on...

Im also failing to understand what dash instrumentation bulbs are needed and their brackets to fit them.

The handbook web link I got fails. My van has no handbook, so I fail to understand what fuse goes where, only to replace fried fuses when needed.

I also fail to know tyre spec. It would be handy to know. 205/65/15 makes any sense?

Thanks

Old 27-09-11, 04:07 PM   #4
Inactive User

So problem solved
Two plugs floating around in the gear/cluch section of the engine. One grey other yellow - grey plug is the spedo sensor located on the top rear of the gearbox. a total pain to reach but do-able.

the yellow plug is still on the loose. i dunno where it goes. help needed there...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in