Rough starter !!! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-04-12, 09:27 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Rough starter !!!

mY VAN IS ONCE AGAIN GIVING ME A BIT OF GRIEF.
When I start it,it either just wont start at all or it will run on what sounds like two or three cylinders with no response to throttle then on a good day pick and run normally or I have to turn off again and then it will start and run fine.
Its not showing any fault codes and once going drives loverly,but confidence is dissapearing in the reliability of the van again as at the moment i'm doing 120 miles a day too and from work.
Anyone got any ideas??
andy pen is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-04-12, 09:36 PM   #2
jmkent

Only injectors on a diesel that may make it sound like its running on 2 or 3 cylinders... take a look at them when you have it on PP.
  Quick reply to this message
Old 30-04-12, 09:57 PM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks for that but still cant get my Diagbox to work so just used my memo scan.Will try to persiver with getting diagbox up and running.

Old 30-04-12, 09:58 PM   #4
jmkent

How old is the van? Can't you use PP instead?
Old 01-05-12, 07:41 PM   #5
Inactive User

Hi JM, havnt got pp so stuck with my not loading diagbox and the trusty memoscan. Had to drive home from camborne in limp today( not quick)hard to get going EML came on,started but no response to throtle then picked up but gutless, hit a big jam at landrake ,turned off engine in jam.When restarted ran loverly.
Got home scanned with memo. Po230 came up.Cleared the code now starting fine. MAD these french things wont even brake down properly (thank god long walk from camborne to home).
Sorry JM the van is 2003 (53) 2.0 hdi dw10 ( ex sww)

Last edited by andy pen; 01-05-12 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-05-12, 08:52 PM   #6
jmkent

One day, on your way home up the A30, drop by my place and we can hook it up with Planet if you like... may even be able to help with the Diagbox install
Old 01-05-12, 10:23 PM   #7
Inactive User

Now that I'll definitly take you up on,although a weekend could be easier at the moment for me but I'm sure an evening can be arranged,what ever is best for yourself really.Let me know your details,probably best to PM each other.I'll send you my mobile.
Old 01-05-12, 10:29 PM   #8
rogersimons

getting it on planet will be alot better..
Old 01-05-12, 10:34 PM   #9
Inactive User

Could'nt agree more.Magma 1979 read it for me last time but when it's all in polish I couldnt really follow what was going on that well,and his pp said the van was automatic and it really is'nt!!!
Old 02-05-12, 07:27 PM   #10
Inactive User

Well more problems tonight.Took a bit of getting going again drove of then 1/2 mile down the road (after running ok) eml comes on and it goes guttless again.Drive a couple of miles to nearest layby plug in memo scan P0230 again. clear code restart on 3rd attempt no light no codes drives home fine.Thinking that fuel pump relay which I think is the one behind the battery on the N/S inner wing.
Anyone know what the switching voltage is on this dont want to bang 12v down it only to find its a 5volt operator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in