Roaring noise!! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-12, 12:09 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Roaring noise!!

Hi
Just need to pick brains before I tear my hair out! Being a useless girlie with engines I've been having a nightmare with my Partner 1.9d van. Recently had major work done..cam belt, alternator, water pump, exhaust and new tyres and now there is a god awful noise coming when I accelarate. Nothing heard when engine not revving. Friend had a quick look and he saw the air pump box was very loose so he tied a bungie round that and it was better but still very loud. He's away this weekend so without having to resort again to a mechanic who I don't entirely trust, could this noise be the air filter box that needs replacing or are we looking at yet another expensive gargage visit?

Any clues? I know it's a very vague discription....
Jackysian is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-12, 01:22 PM   #2
Inactive User

simple answer would be your air filter box isn't connected properly, have you checked that?
Old 04-05-12, 01:51 PM   #3
Inactive User

Its connected by the main bit (sorry I told you I was useless with engines) would it make that sort of noise if it's faulty? It's sounds like the exhaust is shot but having just had that repaired it can't be that.

It's been suggested the cam belt is loose, is that something that could happen after it being replaced 2 months ago and would that cause a noise that only happens when accelarating?
Jackysian is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-12, 05:38 PM   #4
Inactive User

I'd bet money it's an air filter / intake pipe problem from what you're describing

if you've recently had all that work done it may be that they just haven't reconnected the air intake pipe to the filter housing properly or it's since come loose leaving a small gap

just check the air intake pipe, where it connects to the filter housing it's usually secured by a jubilee clip... just make sure it's secured tightly
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in